A1Audio A1StereoControl

Bob Brogden

I'm back up and running with Cakewalk by Bandlab after a long hiatus. My last version of Sonar was X3. I was holding-off setting up the Single Sign On and purchasing Platinum until I had a chance to upgrade to a Windows 10 DAW PAC. In the meanwhile, Gibson divested and shutdown Cakewalk. I wish I had not procrastinated.

Now I'm getting my new Windows 10 DAW PC setup with Cbb and for now I'm trying to get by without installing any of the legacy versions of Sonar.

One plug-in I'm immediately missing (and needing)  is Channel Tools. As a replacement for Channel Tools, I've downloaded and installed A1Audio A1StereoControl. My main use for this is stereo panning of several external H/W synths and line6 Pod guitar modelers. Anyone using this A1StereoControl plug? If so, has it worked satisfactorily for you?

I downloaded it a couple of months ago but have not installed it. Was going to check it out as a possible suggestion for those that did not have Channel Tools. It looks like a reasonable candidate.

I use Channel Tools. Like most Cakewalk plug-ins, it is not copy protected and may be installed without actually installing any other part of X3 by using the advanced install option.

That said, if my primary purpose was panning, I would put Boz Digital Labs Pan Knob on the short list. It is on sale ATM. A trial version is available.

Ok thanks Scook. I'll see if I can get Channel Tools installed. Any idea if there were any updates to Channel Tools going from the X3 version to Platinum?

One thing I liked about A1StereoControl, at first look, it appears to be a fairly basic GUI (versus Flux Audio StereoTool v3) and thus might be light on CPU usage. I'll checkout Boz Digital Labs Pan Knob also.