I just discovered a course

Arabic Dude

Certainly very reasonable price but possibly about what the value might be.  I watched the 2 videos they offer as demo's the introduction and the how to install portion.  Not a lot to go on but you can get an idea of the pace,  the narrators voice as well as production quality.  Which is basic and homemade ( just like mine :) ) but seem they will be at a nice slower pace and easy to follow. My favorite is check out the dudes desktop icons, it's sort of a bit of an "whoops I shouldn't post that in  a instructional video"  thing.  

• Like 1

I'm a big believer in video courses for software, If I am learning a new software and cannot find a video course for it then I will use different software that does have a video course for it. For me, getting a video course for education of the software is more important than the software itself. No sense in having software on your computer that you don't know how to use. Some read the manual etc but it's video courses that do it for me. It's great to sit down and run the course on the TV while I am at the computer using the software. I learn quick from that.

A proper education from video courses will cost money unless you have some other way. As a member of my local Library I have access to all the Lynda.com courses (now Linkdin) for free, although they must be done at the Library because they are on-line only (can't download).

For me, Youtube content is not sufficient, I prefer a fully structured course from beginning to end by the same person for consistency with the topic matter and sound/video quality.

Youtube is good for those times when you want to learn a specific thing and then can search for it on Youtube and usually find something. I don't find it efficient to learn new software from the start using Youtube. It's a bitty process of locating different bits and putting up with poor audio or video quality or bad instruction and ... the number of ads now on Youtube has put me off it anyway.

If you are new to the software then nothing beats a decent full course to begin with. You might need to pay for it but it's worth it in my view. I have no problem with paying for video courses to learn software if I have to. They are pretty cheap.

My recommendation is do a search, see what you can find in relation to a full course on Cakewalk, pick one, buy it and get going.

• Like 1

I don't think anyone has made a full course for Cakewalk. Sonar yes, but those are  sort of mostly outdated. 

The reason so many people now produce for you tube is those very same adds you don't like can actually net a small income for the creator. You need something like 1,000 subscribers before the ad people will show interest in you. 

And there's a good question, Because I pay an annual fee for You Tube I haven't seen an add in years. But do people watching my videos see adds? 

I only have 64 subscribers at this point but it's been growing all of a sudden.   I'm probably never gong to see any cash from this but it was never my intent. 

But this guy is probably smart and only asking a small fee for his videos might pay off better than if he had gone the You tube route. Cakewalk is pretty small user base but You tube is defiantly where people will search for any help. 

I get all sorts of questions in the you tube comments section and via PM's on Facebook and those people obviously have never found this forum. 

I thought about creating a course but that would take months so I'd have to charge something. That's too much of a hassle. I'm happy with doing the task specific videos. This new series I'm working, Recording a Song  https://youtu.be/VaiBAmap0a8     is as close as I will get to a all inclusive course. I start with basic set up and will end with a finished mastered wave/ mp3 file. It all takes time. I often spend a few days just preparing and running test sessions. What is supper beneficial to me is while doing this I learn a lot more than I would have thought possible about Cakewalk.  I also figure out things I hadn't bothered with before. Like I will need to figure out Ripple editing and the arranger track now. 

• Like 1

On 6/9/2021 at 2:00 AM, Glenn Stanton said:

seems like it's inexpensive enough - maybe buy it and provide a detailed review of it for others to assess to see if it's right for them.

I bought it and it is pretty good thus far. I've been on and off cakewalk so I decided I'll finally commit to learning Cakewalk. Like you can tell, I'm a beginner. I did not want to go through the annoying youtube ads and 5 minute long intros - so this is pretty good value IMO

13 hours ago, John Vere said:

Certainly very reasonable price but possibly about what the value might be.  I watched the 2 videos they offer as demo's the introduction and the how to install portion.  Not a lot to go on but you can get an idea of the pace,  the narrators voice as well as production quality.  Which is basic and homemade ( just like mine :) ) but seem they will be at a nice slower pace and easy to follow. My favorite is check out the dudes desktop icons, it's sort of a bit of an "whoops I shouldn't post that in  a instructional video"  thing.  

Yep seems homemade but I think the info is good enough this far. Thanks for trying to help John, appreciate it :)

5 hours ago, Tezza said:

I'm a big believer in video courses for software, If I am learning a new software and cannot find a video course for it then I will use different software that does have a video course for it. For me, getting a video course for education of the software is more important than the software itself. No sense in having software on your computer that you don't know how to use. Some read the manual etc but it's video courses that do it for me. It's great to sit down and run the course on the TV while I am at the computer using the software. I learn quick from that.

A proper education from video courses will cost money unless you have some other way. As a member of my local Library I have access to all the Lynda.com courses (now Linkdin) for free, although they must be done at the Library because they are on-line only (can't download).

For me, Youtube content is not sufficient, I prefer a fully structured course from beginning to end by the same person for consistency with the topic matter and sound/video quality.

Youtube is good for those times when you want to learn a specific thing and then can search for it on Youtube and usually find something. I don't find it efficient to learn new software from the start using Youtube. It's a bitty process of locating different bits and putting up with poor audio or video quality or bad instruction and ... the number of ads now on Youtube has put me off it anyway.

If you are new to the software then nothing beats a decent full course to begin with. You might need to pay for it but it's worth it in my view. I have no problem with paying for video courses to learn software if I have to. They are pretty cheap.

My recommendation is do a search, see what you can find in relation to a full course on Cakewalk, pick one, buy it and get going.

My thoughts exactly. The scattered info on Youtube is too inconvenient. Like I mentioned above I already got this course and it has good information and learning pace.  Thank you so much for your response Tezza 😃

On 6/10/2021 at 1:12 AM, Gopinaath Gandotraa said:

I bought it and it is pretty good thus far. I've been on and off cakewalk so I decided I'll finally commit to learning Cakewalk. Like you can tell, I'm a beginner. I did not want to go through the annoying youtube ads and 5 minute long intros - so this is pretty good value IMO

If and when you’re ready, I have an in-depth course through Produce Like A Pro that comes with multitracks to mix along with as well. You can find out more here:

https://transactions.sendowl.com/stores/14732/205312

• Like 4

I get very happy each time I find out someone new is offering Cakewalk by Bandlab tutorials.  Cakewalk is so versatile every content provider has a different way to approach the program.

I'm surprised the author did not create a forum account and make a post announcing the course.  😁

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jim Fogle said:

I get very happy each time I find out someone new is offering Cakewalk by Bandlab tutorials.  Cakewalk is so versatile every content provider has a different way to approach the program.

I'm surprised the author did not create a forum account and make a post announcing the course.  😁

Probably gun shy. Every time I’ve posted anything here I do it with hesitation. I don’t ever want to come off as a salesman. I just like to help people. This forum has improved tremendously I will say! 
I used to see a lot of negative comments and it seems that most of that has been taken care of.

Now, I point people here every chance I get!

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

It has taken me 7 months to achieve a smattering of ignorance about EASTWEST (Hollywood Strings) and their Play engine.  Everything that has been said here is true.  I used youtube, EW support, CbB forum and anything else I could find.  Finally ended up tripping into some solutions.

Willard

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2021 at 8:20 PM, Willie Hayes Jr said:

I tried to buy the $14.99 tutorial first. However, it rejected 3 different credit cards. Why isn't there a PayPal method?

So far this purchase is unconfirmed by any one but the OP. One person even mentioned they think the OP is the same person selling the videos. Possible I guess. 

Nobody here can answer your question and you would need to contact the owner of the videos.

I'd certainly not want to use my credit card on a iffy web site. . I'd keep a close eye on your accounts now you've submitted your personal  info from 3 credit cads to an un known entity.  

Pay Pal would sort of protect you,, That or an E transfer. As said it's odd that someone would make a Cakewalk video and not show themselves as a  member of this community and personally post the videos like everyone else does. 

Edited by John Vere
  • Like 1

On 6/9/2021 at 10:56 PM, John Vere said:

I don't think anyone has made a full course for Cakewalk. Sonar yes, but those are  sort of mostly outdated. 

I have one! There are two places to get your hands on it.

Here: https://en.mixinnovator.com/tutorials/theultimatecakewalkbybandlab/

And here: https://transactions.sendowl.com/stores/14732/205312

• Like 1