Encoded Format

Exporting a song to wav file from Cakewalk ... Went to play like any other wav file I've exported in the past and error comes up "item was encoded in a format that's not supported" That's the message I received when opening song using groove music  wouldn't open using windows media player either ... same error message. Tried using VLC media player and song does play. I think this is the first time I've tried exporting since the latest bandlab update. Suggestions? This hasn't happened before, was always able to use default player "groove music" when opening a file

I've always just went to Export - Audio File - Wave and download to a folder and then play wave file ... default groove music player recently ... and it played ... but today showing error regarding encode format not supported. Not sure what you mean to export bit depth and how?  TIA

4 minutes ago, dotonemanband said:

I've always just went to Export - Audio File - Wave and download to a folder and then play wave file ... default groove music player recently ... and it played ... but today showing error regarding encode format not supported. Not sure what you mean to export bit depth and how?  TIA

There is a bit depth setting in the Audio Export dialog.

In the past if this was set to high, some players would fail.