Custom delay

Hi guys! I'm sorry for the (really) dumb question, but I'm a beginner in which concerns audio recording and mixing.

Do you know how can I set a custom delay in CakeWalk by BandLab? For example, I have a vocals track composed by a few sentences but just want the delay to repeat one word.

Thanks in advance for your help!

There are a few ways to do this what i do is copy the word i want to accent onto a new audio track and use the reverb on just this track in the prochannel, fx bin or send the output or a send to a bus or aux track and put the reverb on there 

• Like 2

As noted above, there are a number of ways to do this. You could, for example, split the vocal clip to isolate that one phrase and apply the delay as a clip effect. Or move the affected phrases into a new track and apply the delay there.

However, I'd suggest automating the delay's wet/dry mix instead. That will give you greater flexibility as you tweak and experiment with your mix, e.g. accentuating the delay more on some phrases than others or perhaps deciding to apply the delay to other parts as well. Taking the time to learn how to do automation will open up a world of possibilities.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bitflipper said:

However, I'd suggest automating the delay's wet/dry mix instead. That will give you greater flexibility as you tweak and experiment with your mix, e.g. accentuating the delay more on some phrases than others or perhaps deciding to apply the delay to other parts as well. Taking the time to learn how to do automation will open up a world of possibilities.

That's what I'd do. 

On 6/9/2021 at 1:42 AM, Bill Phillips said:

That's what I'd do. 

On 6/8/2021 at 3:41 PM, bitflipper said:

Is this it? 

• Like 1