Syntronik Krazy Deal

cclarry

23 hours ago, Fleer said:

Found out I have an unused Syntronik serial. If anyone’s interested send me a PM. 

Me too! I bought an extra serial just to get in on the IK Group Buy last year.

Which worked out quite well... I bagged MODO Bass, MODO Drums, and the Hammond B-3... :)

Edited by abacab
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, abacab said:

Me too! I bought an extra serial just to get in on the IK Group Buy last year.

Which worked out quite well... I bagged MODO Bass, MODO Drums, and the Hammond B-3... :)

Forgot about that. Heck, I’ve got three. 

• Haha 2

Syntronic sounds fantastic, some of the best "straight out of the box" synth sounds around. But browsing those sounds is a PITA not least because of the long load times. It could do with a NKS type system of audio previews.

Also if you are a real tweaker each preset is tied to an initial sampled oscillator(s) so if you want to change from a pulse to a sawtooth wave for example it's back to the drawing board.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Vernon Barnes said:

Syntronic sounds fantastic, some of the best "straight out of the box" synth sounds around. But browsing those sounds is a PITA not least because of the long load times. It could do with a NKS type system of audio previews.

Also if you are a real tweaker each preset is tied to an initial sampled oscillator(s) so if you want to change from a pulse to a sawtooth wave for example it's back to the drawing board.

That pretty much sums it up. The load times aren't so bad now that all of my samples are on an internal SSD, but still noticeable.

And some of the presets are setup for your sound design, by listing in their comments if they only use a basic oscillator, such as saw, triangle, square, etc. Suggest starting with one of those presets if tweaking is your plan.

But some of the sounds are fantastic, and are much more realistic than many emulations. Mainly because the oscillators were sampled from the real synths. The filters are modeled, and you do have control over those, as well as full control over envelopes and LFO's. Also includes a nice "MixBox style" FX rack, as well as a cool on-board arpeggiator.

Edited by abacab
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1