Syntronik Krazy Deal

cclarry

Discounted IK Music Software:

Syntronik Crossgrade $199.99 $39.99*
Syntronik $299.99 $49.99
Syntronik Deluxe Crossgrade $269.99 $54.99
Syntronik Deluxe $399.99 $79.99
Syntronik Deluxe Upgrade $99.99 $19.99

*JamPoints accepted at the IK online store, Gear Credits accepted in the Custom Shop

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?id=SyntronikKrazyDeal2021

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, Sander Verstraten said:

Why doesn't Arturia do these kinds of sales on it's V-Collection? LOL

They do. I got the V Collection upgrade for $99 a few years ago. I think the trick is to wait until they have added enough new products into it.

Personally, I find the Arturia product line completely different than IKM Syntronick. They don't compare. Arturia is a clear attempt to emulate the sounds and usability of those vintage synths and add some new functionality to allow you to use them easier and better. The work they did on the CMI is mind blowing.  The Syntronik product is sampled vintage synths packaged into Sampletank sort of. They sound more in your face and modern samples of vintage synths .. but  also sound like a departure from the vintage vibe of the old synths.Still. $13 for the upgrade is a  great deal.  I am not sure I use them enough to justify the disk space.

• Like 1

Heck, something’s not right in the state of Italy. 
I got the original Syntronik in 2017 and downloaded all synths within the obligatory 180 days. 
Now I got Syntronik Deluxe, which also includes the original synths, and I started downloading everything (again). 
Lo and behold, these synths’ files are not identical, mostly a bit larger. 
So now I’m thinking that IK’s 180-day limit is a bad deal for one more reason: when the files change they don’t (always) reset your download window. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Heck, something’s not right in the state of Italy. 
I got the original Syntronik in 2017 and downloaded all synths within the obligatory 180 days. 
Now I got Syntronik Deluxe, which also includes the original synths, and I started downloading everything (again). 
So now I’m thinking that IK’s 180-day limit is a bad deal for one more reason: when the files change they don’t (always) reset your download window. 

I bought upgrade to TS3 Max yesterday. I got reset for many products, but not for Syntronik. Only for Syntronik Deluxe, so I guess it includes all the stuff from Syntronik that I will get to download all over again to get the Deluxe content. So yes, if their policy is to avoid download bandwith, it failed on that one.

With TS3 Max, does anyone know if the 'bigger' collections contain the 'smaller' collections - more specifically:

• Do I need to download/back up Miroslav Philharmonik 2 CE if I download Miroslav Philharmonik 2
  • Do I need SampleTank 4 and SampleTank 4 SE if I download SampleTank 4 MAX
  • Do I need the various Syntronik modules, e.g. Syntronik Blau, if I download Syntronik Deluxe

2 hours ago, antler said:

With TS3 Max, does anyone know if the 'bigger' collections contain the 'smaller' collections - more specifically:

• Do I need to download/back up Miroslav Philharmonik 2 CE if I download Miroslav Philharmonik 2
  • Do I need SampleTank 4 and SampleTank 4 SE if I download SampleTank 4 MAX
  • Do I need the various Syntronik modules, e.g. Syntronik Blau, if I download Syntronik Deluxe

My rule of thumb is YES.  All of those things are in the other packages, but there may come a time when you
realize that you only need the "smaller" product installed, so it's always good to have it backed up, just in case...YMMV
but my motto is better to have it, and not need it, than to need it, and not have it!

EDIT:  ESPECIALLY WITH IK!

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, cclarry said:

My rule of thumb is YES.  All of those things are in the other packages, but there may come a time when you
realize that you only need the "smaller" product installed, so it's always good to have it backed up, just in case...YMMV
but my motto is better to have it, and not need it, than to need it, and not have it!

Good point.

Even with the download manager, downloading the whole thing is a pain... I kinda wish they had a (pause-able) way to just batch-download all of the sounds in one click.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, antler said:

Good point.

Even with the download manager, downloading the whole thing is a pain... I kinda wish they had a (pause-able) way to just batch-download all of the sounds in one click.

That's for sure...but at least NOW they DO have an installation manager...

• Like 2

I had Syntronik and also just bought the Deluxe upgrade, but I only downloaded the file names that were different from the ones in the base version.  Hopefully not missing anything, but I just got Syntronik base edition last fall.  I forgot about using the manager and just downloaded direct from the web account page.  It did pop up to authorize when I loaded up a patch though.

1 hour ago, Fleer said:

Thanks for mentioning this. I saw previously owned "instruments" got reset for a new round of 180 days, but had no idea the files were changed. Did you compare the sizes of the unzipped files or just the zip files?  

I compared only the zip files (dmg actually for Mac). And they’re not all larger than the original ones, some are actually smaller. 
Also, since Syntronik Deluxe (even as an upgrade) includes all the original Syntronik synths, I was planning on deleting the files I downloaded back then in 2017. 
Now I’m not so sure. 

Edith: example:

Memory V original download 2.05GB and 2.21GB, new downloads 2.42GB and 2.68GB. 

Edited by Fleer
  • Thanks 1