"For All We Know" (Just for fun)

Miguel Carzola

Hi fellow Walkers.

First time here. I've been using Cakewalk since it was just a MIDI program that came in a Floppy LOL. With the pandemic I found myself with a little more time for some stuff so I opened up some old sessions. Though I normally record in Spanish I found this and figured I'd share it here. It was done in the old Sonar version of Cakewalk but I realized that every effect and automation I used there is also present in Cakewalk By BandLab. Amazing! 

At the time this was recorded I had just bought RealGuitar and RealStrat by MusicLab (no relation LOL) and Komplete 8 by Native-Instruments  so I wanted to learn how to program with those VST instruments. You guys know it can be daunting  to write while also dealing with technical stuff . As a result I chose a Carpenters song I loved instead and gave it a Bossa Nova twist to avoid some of the heavy lifting associated with writing a new song.

Anyways...I put up an old CAD E-200 and had some fun with the vocals since the point wasn't to mimic Karen.  It was exciting to find out what could be done with my new toys so I  moved on to working on original songs and I left well enough alone with this one as I couldn't really use it for anything other than as a fun learning project.  I'll post some of those originals here  to run them by you guys as I unpack them in the new Cakewalk By BandLab eventually, but for now I hope you all enjoy.  I'm glad to be part of this community and I'm loving what Cakewalk has become. 

Be well, everyone.

Edited by Miguel Carzola
NEW INFO
  • Like 1

So this is your old Carpenters cover with a new vocal track? Sorry, I didn't quite follow how you did this.
Anyway, sounds pretty good! If you're like me you probably have a lot of original material that you never got to finish, so now is the time.
-Bjorn

KW LIFER . . . all I can say is . . . IT'S ABOUT TIME YOU POSTED SOMETHING HERE ! . . . OK, might have more to say.

Dang me, I used to sing this at weddings, so it's memory lane for me :) . . . you've done a great job here, and much respect to how you've done it differently than the original. Love your voice, and the virtual instruments you mention really work well. Come on . . . post those originals here, as you mentioned, would be great to listen to I'm sure, based on the quality of this piece.

Wow guys. Thank you so much for your kindness. It can be so scary to be vulnerable in the presence of other artists and enthusiasts, so I’m touched by your encouragement.  I’m really looking forward to sharing more and also to getting to know all of you and your work here. 
Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank youuuuuu 🙏🏼

So humbled, fellow KWalkers. 

I think for most of us here music making has been a journey filled with exhilarating  highs and heartbreaking lows.  That’s why I am so grateful for your kindness. 
Thank you, Jack c, Bjornpdx, Noynekker,  KurtS, Esther Brulard, David Sprouse, Lynn Wilson, for letting me know you enjoyed it. That one’s work is enjoyed by others is one of the greatest rewards any artist could have.

Thank you so much for that🙏🏼 

I am really looking forward to participating  in your journeys. 

Be well, KWalkers 😊 

Edited by Miguel Carzola
Grammar