FX on/off key command

jono grant

I looked through the keyboard shortcuts and did not find it. I know it was "E" because of how often I hit it on accident and spew a choice expletive. Now that it appears to be gone - I don't want to unlearn how to not do something I spent so much time not learning very well in the first place.  😐

Found the answer here though:

2020.04 Highlights

Behavior changes

Add Track menu behavior change:

The behavior of the Track(s) counter has changed when inserting a multi-timbral soft synth via the Add Track menu. When Instrument Track Per Output or Split Instrument Track is selected, the Track(s) counter now specifies how many Instrument output tracks to create instead of how many unique instances of the synth to create.

Changes to Delete Track:

CTRL+DELETE deletes tracks.

Delete Track only deletes the focused track if the focused track is not also selected.

When a combination of tracks and track folders are selected, the context menu displays Delete Selected Tracks and Folders.

Enable/Disable Enhanced Keyboard Editing Mode shortcut is unassigned by default.

The default keyboard shortcut (0 on the numeric keypad) to enable/disable Enhanced Keyboard Editing Mode has been removed. To enable/disable Enhanced Keyboard Editing Mode, go to Edit > Preferences > Customization - Keyboard Shortcuts and assign Enhanced Keyboard Editing to an unused keyboard shortcut.

Bypass All Audio Effects shortcut is unassigned by default.The default keyboard shortcut (E) to bypass all audio effects has been removed. To bypass all audio effect, do one of the following:

Go to Edit > Preferences > Customization - Keyboard Shortcuts and assign Bypass All Audio Effects to an unused keyboard shortcut.

Click the Bypass all Effects  button  in the Control Bar’s Mix module.

• Like 1

I think the better fix for this ( at least in the console view ) would be to exchange the pre-post fader switch to the effect bypass switch. Setting up pre or post fade is a very purposeful use that doesn't need a quick glance IMO. But Effect bypass should be readily visible. and easily automated.