SOLVED - CTL - Left click drag - tempo change - No More?

CJ Jacobson

3 minutes ago, James Argo said:

Sorry I don't get your question... Can you explain a bit what you mean... All I know, Ctrl + drag clip(s) will duplicate the clip(s) to desired location in Track View.. but it has nothing to do with Tempo change.

Sure it does or sure t did. I just did it in Sonar Platinum

In the Sonar versions, you can press CTL - and move your mouse to the right bottom corner of the clip while pressing the left mouse button and drag it and you can increase or decrease the clips tempo. I do not see that option anymore

Edited by CJ Jacobson
i spell like shiet

I think you mean time stretch, not tempo change? This was changed quite a while ago to be in conformance with the Melodyne keyboard shortcut. Hold down Ctrl+Shift while you click and drag.  Or choose F8 for the timing tool. Note that this doesn't work on acidized or REX files, only conventional WAV files.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

10 hours ago, Craig Anderton said:

I think you mean time stretch, not tempo change? This was changed quite a while ago to be in conformance with the Melodyne keyboard shortcut. Hold down Ctrl+Shift while you click and drag.  Or choose F8 for the timing tool. Note that this doesn't work on acidized or REX files, only conventional WAV files.

Yes, that's what i mean. It does change the tempo of the clip when you stretch it because it can play back slower or faster depending on the direction you stretch it.  At least it did in the older versions of Sonar.

Thanks,

As Craig said, You want to hold Shift down as well as CNTRL now. This changed about 2 years ago.

It might change the clips tempo but it doesn't change the project tempo (which is what I thought you meant reading your OP.

Hope this helps and you got it sorted.

17 minutes ago, Chuck E Baby said:

It might change the clips tempo but it doesn't change the project tempo (which is what I thought you meant reading your OP.

Hope this helps and you got it sorted.

Yea, i meant the clips tempo and all is well.  I'm glad the feature is still here. I wasn't sure earlier

• Like 1