Additional inheritance for my son

Bapu

Bapu Jr  just messaged me for advice on how to say something to you that he didn't know how to....

Basically, it amounts to this........

Can you please stop frittering away his inheritance on stuff that you want?

😀

• Haha 1

Very nice and very nice price!! My favorite amp - Use mine all the time - well when I'm in the right Country!! Not been able to use it for nearly 18 months now, as still stuck in Cape Town.......you've made me feel homesick/missing amp sick!

1 hour ago, Shane_B. said:

I played one of these recently. I was shocked. $249 for 2x12 30W built in fx. They have a whole new line of amps. www.kustom.com. A 100 Watt head for $199.

kg212fx_close_front~2.jpg

It's obviously cheap because they didn't finish the sides and bottom Shane! 😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, craigb said:

It's obviously cheap because they didn't finish the sides and bottom Shane! 😜

Yeah. They didn't think it through when they got rid of the tuck and roll design. 😁

Btw that pic is directly from their site. Hah. They also make a higher watt version of it.

I absolutely love my Fender Champion 100 modelling amp. Cheap, sounds great, basic modelling and fx. Best sounding amp I have ever owned for the type of music I do.

Ya know what I don't get is why someone doesn't make a 1 x 15 combo anymore. Kustom used to. I played a very old cream colored 1 x 15 combo tuck and roll once and man what a sound.

7 hours ago, Bapu said:

I played with a guitarist who used a tuck-n-roll Kustom. I never warmed to the sound of it, but then again, it could've been the guitarist. 🤥

They are an oddity for sure. For example "fuzz" was an optional circuit you could have custom installed. They are incredibly clean yet have a tube like sound. John Fogerty used them in CCR. IIRC he still tours with his original Kustom rig. 

I just watched a vid on utoob of a guy comparing a bunch of SS amps. The best sounding one to me was his tiny little VOX 15W amp. Then toward the middle he pulls out a 15" Combo he said steel guitar players used. I couldn't believe it. I had no idea they were still made.

The title says SS amps suck but it's a play on words. My fav is the VOX and the 15" steel guitar amp ... with 2nd optional 15" cabinet.