Clean Install Splat and CbB

Hi all,

I need to install Sonar Platinum / CbB 64-bit on a new Win 10 laptop.

Also I will need some old plugins and instruments e.g. VVocal, Lexicon Pantheon etc. so based on my Win 7  installation I think I need X2 and Sonar 5 and 8. 

So shall I go for Platinum via the Command Center first then the old plugins then CbB or do I need an old version with VVocal first?

Thanks!
M

11 minutes ago, Murray Webster said:

CbB or do I need an old version with VVocal first?

If i remember correctly, V-vocal was not a VST or DX, so you cannot do a custom install of an older version of Sonar and install it in a newer version. It was integrated into the old version.

FYI: Melodyne that is included is far far far better than Rolands V-vocal

But to get all the other plugins (VST and Dx), all you need is the version of sonar you plan to use installed first and then do custom install for the older ones that include the plugins you want

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CJ Jacobson said:

If i remember correctly, V-vocal was not a VST or DX, so you cannot do a custom install of an older version of Sonar and install it in a newer version. It was integrated into the old version.

FYI: Melodyne that is included is far far far better than Rolands V-vocal

But to get all the other plugins (VST and Dx), all you need is the version of sonar you plan to use installed first and then do custom install for the older ones that include the plugins you want

Thanks CJ. OK so I think I'll do X2 first then Splat and some selected older VSTs then CbB?

I use the full version of Melodyne now but have older projects with Vvocal 🙂 

19 minutes ago, CJ Jacobson said:

I was never a fan of it. It was too clunky for me. Maybe i didn't take enough time to learn it, but that's my take on it

OK looks like X2 was the last version with it. I got used to it and I think it was fairly usable. Melodyne is better though 🙂

V-Vocal is one of the plug-ins made in Japan by Roland. The plug-in was not part of the sale to Gibson so, Cakewalk could not include the plug-in with newer versions of their DAW. It was replaced by Melodyne in X3 when Cakewalk added VST3 and ARA support. V-Vocal is still supported, however; to maintain backward compatibility.