it's your move

jack c.

Jack , Very nice! I Loved all the Cool changes in the song. I liked the slow bpm and the strange way you syncopated the kick and snare . Very unusual panning  , but it worked. You really got a good feel on this one and the way it was structured kept my attention.  I believe you really showed off your style here.       Superb job ..   mark

Edited by mark skinner

Jack, this is quite unique and held my attention throughout.  As is often the case with your tunes, I can't quite make out the lyrics plainly, so it's sometimes hard to know your POV, but, I admire your ability to take risks and put them out there for all to see.  I often think you're just a tweak or two away from being one of the best.

Very cool!  A bit different from you. I love the way that you have the drums panned.  Being a nut for rhythm, I really really enjoyed that driving rhythm.  Interesting lyrics and I like the melodic/talking presentation of the vocals.  Ya, very cool!

17 hours ago, freddy j said:

Very cool!  A bit different from you. I love the way that you have the drums panned.  Being a nut for rhythm, I really really enjoyed that driving rhythm.  Interesting lyrics and I like the melodic/talking presentation of the vocals.  Ya, very cool!

3 hours ago, Makke said:

Good job… I liked the strong groove on rhythm. Sounds nice

thanks mates.jack c.

I like the panning of the drums as well, but you might drop the volume of that hi hat on the right whenever you are singing? Your vocal,which could be a little louder and more forward anyway, is hiding a bit behind that hi hat.

Listen to your vocal during the bridge, there's no open hi hat, it's much clearer I think.

You took some nice risks that paid off. Reminded me a bit of some Blue Nile. Nice!

cheers,

- Tom