Weird MIDI clip behaviour

Ferenc Hegedus

Question

Hello

I just  noticed that a few days ago when i move a MIDI clip (even if it's set up as a groove clip), it's shortening until the last note's end. If i copy-past or CTRL+drag it's all good.

Any idea why is this happening?

MIDI Clip.gif

Edited by Ferenc Hegedus

4 answers to this question

@Ferenc Hegedus - this has been fixed for the next release.   It was caused by a couple of other fixes:

- Moving partial selections were not being cropped
- Moving step sequencer clips were being cropped

In the next release, you won't need to mess with Non-Destructive MIDI Editing.  As long as the clip was fully selected when you move it, it'll retain its original length.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, David Baay said:

Try enabling Non-Destructive MIDI Editing in Preferences. Both enabled and disabled have their quirks; pick your poison.

Thanks for the advice but unfortunately it didn't help. I just checked and actually it's enabled now and if i deselect it, even CTRL+drag does the same thing.

It's gotta be something else :)

19 hours ago, msmcleod said:

@Ferenc Hegedus - this has been fixed for the next release.   It was caused by a couple of other fixes:

- Moving partial selections were not being cropped
- Moving step sequencer clips were being cropped

In the next release, you won't need to mess with Non-Destructive MIDI Editing.  As long as the clip was fully selected when you move it, it'll retain its original length.

@msmcleod - That's great, thank you!