Routing External Synth Via Focusrit2i2

T on Y

I have a Roland JV1010's (Yest I'm That Old) Audio going into CbyB and what to apply the same mastering settings that Im current using for the rest of the instrument (All  VST instrument outputs go to a 'Master' Buss before being passed to the main output

How do I route the incoming audio to the 'Master' bus without having to record each of the instruments individually as Audio then passing the audios output to the 'Master' Bus.

Thanks in advance for any help

You still have to route the synth's audio to an audio track, but then click the track's "Input Echo" button. As you play the synth, it will be routed through the track's fx bin and its sends as if you were playing back recorded audio. There can, however, be significant latency (delay) between the time you press a key and then hear a note, depending on what effects are active and your buffer settings.

2 minutes ago, T on Y said:

I have a Roland JV1010's (Yest I'm That Old) Audio going into CbyB and what to apply the same mastering settings that Im current using for the rest of the instrument (All  VST instrument outputs go to a 'Master' Buss before being passed to the main output

How do I route the incoming audio to the 'Master' bus without having to record each of the instruments individually as Audio then passing the audios output to the 'Master' Bus.

Thanks in advance for any help

So sorry that I can't really offer you any help but... I too have a JV-1010. But after the past couple of years trying to get it to work in BbB... sometimes getting it to go without actually knowing how I did it because I was playing around with the settings and not watching what I was doing.  Most other times I'd be pulling my hair out because I couldn't get it.  I finally bit the bullet and purchased modern software and laid the 1010 to rest in a drawer and will probably never use it again.

That being said, although it wasn't cheap, it was a fantastic piece of gear in it's day.  Hope you have some good luck getting it to go for you.  I know that it CAN be done.

/OM

BitFlipper's suggestion is correct.

So:

• Plug the outputs of your JV1010 into the two inputs of your 2i2
  • Create an audio track & set it's input to the Focusrite's Stereo input
  • Enable input echo on the track

However, I personally would recommend recording the JV1010's output to a stereo track as well. I'm not suggesting you use the stereo track all the way to the mixing stage (although, you can of course if you want), but this will serve as a guide track whilst freeing-up your 2i2 inputs for recording other instruments.

If you want full control however, the best way is actually to record each individual track from the JV1010 to an audio track.

I used to have a CAL script that did this for me: it would ask me for the MIDI track numbers, and it would then go through each track and:

• Solo the track
  • Create an audio track
  • Record the track

Unfortunately the CAL script stopped working around Sonar X1.

Nowadays, I've sampled the JV1010 instruments I use, so I can do everything in the box. I only go back to my JV1010 when I need to edit a sound or pick one I didn't sample.