Confusion About Various Log-ins, Activations etc.

mdiemer

Question

Can someone help me sort this out? What is a Cakewalk account? What is a Bandlab Account? What about the command Center? Then there's the forum. When I log in to the forum, have I logged in to Bandlab? Cakewalk? The command Center? I use the same log-in for all three, but are they all connected? Can I opt out of one or more, but still have access to my Cakewalk products on the Command Center?

Thanks in advance,

Michael

5 answers to this question

There are 2 accounts

• Cakewalk - the old company
  • BandLab - the company that purchased Cakewalk IP from Gibson

A Cakewalk account is the Single Sign On account created between 2014 and Nov 2017.

This is where your record of old Cakewalk products like SONAR and Music Creator are stored. This server is in archive mode so users cannot change their password and no new account may be created. Password reset on these accounts must be performed by support@cakewalk.com

This account is used to log into the Cakewalk Command Center, the install manager for Cakewalk products released from 2014 through 2017 and certain legacy products with updated Command Center aware installers.

This account is used to access any downloads on the old Cakewalk.com servers such as updates linked to old Cakewalk Knowledge Base articles.

It was also the account used to log into the old forum.

A BandLab account is needed to access this forum, log into BandLab Assistant and Cakewalk by BandLab for updates and (re)activation.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mdiemer said:

Another question: How do I close my Bandlab account? I can't find any info on that on the Support site.

Wouldn’t this prevent you from activating Cakewalk by Bandlab - forcing it into demo mode?  (Unless you no longer wish to use Cakewalk by Bandlab)

3 minutes ago, Promidi said:

Wouldn’t this prevent you from activating Cakewalk by Bandlab - forcing it into demo mode?  (Unless you no longer wish to use Cakewalk by Bandlab)

Yes, I am going back to Sonar 8.5.