Cakewalk vs Sonar plat

jono grant

Hey there,  I had purchased Sonar Platinum right before the Band Lab thing happened years back.

I know it's late in the game but is there any reason the Platinum version is better than the free bandlab version?

Still confused about this.

Thanks

Jono

Yes. 

SONAR Platinum (at least the producer edition for sure) came with some third party pluygins, rapture and Dimension Pro, which are not available in Cakewalk By Bandlab.

That said, if you have installed Platinum already, you'll still have access to these installed on your computer, in Cakewalk. yay!

• Like 4

How's it going, good to see your still around.  Cakewalk by Bandlab is Sonar Platinum with 1,000 bug fixes. They just changed the name. Most of us will run Command center to grab the goodies.   I haven't opened SPlat for a few years now.  

Edited by John Vere
  • Like 1

Yep, make sure SPlat is installed first and all of the goodies you paid for when you bought SPlat that was locked to it will simply just work in CbB, and as the other guys said, you get years of fixes and improvements since then. The arranger and tempo tracks are worth the upgrade alone, IMO!

34 minutes ago, Bill Phillips said:

Maybe more like 10,000 bug fixes. 🤣

Well, I can confirm that Noel is in fact not a robot, that he eats and sleeps like the rest of us.

Still, you have to be impressed by the productivity of this small team. That's what happens when you take it out of the hands of marketers and let engineers run the show.

• Like 9