Best Way To Find Someone To Play 8 Bar Solo

T on Y

I guess your all screaming 'Bandlab' right now but whilst I had a look it wasn't easy t  work out what I need ?

Firstly, I'm just a guy who likes writing & recording songs for my own gratification and cant really 'Improvise/Solo' so I'm looking to find someone with better 'Chops' than me that can rattle off a solo.

Whats the best way to go here chaps ?

Edited by T on Y

8 minutes ago, T on Y said:

Whats the best way to go here chaps ?

No harm in asking around here, @T on Y

I think you would need to specify exactly what you want in terms of scale, BPM, instrument and some recording specs (bit rate/frequency). Even better would be to provide a backing track so that someone can play over it.

I'm curious, though, why doesn't Bandlab work for you?

• Like 1

I lumbered round the site and kind of couldn't find what I was looking for 

I'm a 60+ year old newbie when it comes to that side of things (been using DAW's for many years)

The song is 84 Bpm and sort of Jean Michelle Jarris (ish) and as for what instrument the solo should be on open to suggestions....

Edited by T on Y

Oh yeah, always a good idea to float the request/idea on a musician forum (this and others).  I've been on several where spontaneous collaborations happen.  There's quite a few players on here who could provide exactly what you're asking for.

9 hours ago, synkrotron said:

Even better would be to provide a backing track so that someone can play over it.

As you do not have a preconceived solo in mind, this option would yield more interesting results. Bar X to Bar Y type of thing. Creativity gains ground when people are asked/told what to do, but not how to do it.

1 hour ago, mettelus said:

I didn't realize the title till I replied. 8 bars is roughly 6 seconds, which is tight for a solo of any kind.

Depends on the bar...  I mean, even at one drink per bar, it's going to take some time! 😆

• Haha 1