Angry Girl - Bandlab Rework - Updated Mix

Kevin Walsh

On 1/5/2019 at 7:00 AM, Kevin Walsh said:

Thanks, Daryl! Do you mean the low voice in the verses? I just can't imagine my air-raid siren voice being too low in the mix. :)

Just had another quick listen. Yes, the low voice and maybe dial back on the vocal reverb. The vocal is getting lost and you have a good voice

Edited by daryl1968

Nice one here! Guitars are clean and crisp. Well played, too! I like the rhythm/chugged thing panned wide? Great.

Play a verse. Listen at the same time for the snare and your vocal. Which is louder? 
For me, the snare. So as to experiment, bring the vocal up half a db, the snare down half a db.

Might be interesting.

Might also control the wacky bright hi hat, left side, 2:21 ish.

That's a catchy number!

cheers,

-Tom

5 hours ago, emeraldsoul said:

Nice one here! Guitars are clean and crisp. Well played, too! I like the rhythm/chugged thing panned wide? Great.

Play a verse. Listen at the same time for the snare and your vocal. Which is louder? 
For me, the snare. So as to experiment, bring the vocal up half a db, the snare down half a db.

Might be interesting.

Might also control the wacky bright hi hat, left side, 2:21 ish.

That's a catchy number!

cheers,

-Tom

Thanks for the feedback and the tip on the snare/vocal relationship, I'd never heard that technique before. I'll give that a try!

On 1/7/2019 at 12:11 PM, SPAK said:

This is the kind of music that makes you wanna join a band and smash it !!  (Nearly blew the cones out on my monitors !)

lol, glad you liked it! I am not responsible for equipment damage. Oh, wait, did you sign the release form?

On 12/28/2018 at 6:41 AM, Kevin Walsh said:

I guess I posted this song a few years ago on the old forum and I've reworked the mix and some instrumentation in this new version and I'd thought I'd make it my first post in the new songs forum. Let me know what you think!

https://www.bandlab.com/kevinwal/angry-girl-05473

Updated:

We'll I've re-worked the mix, trying to take into account the great feedback I've gotten. The same link above should take you to the new version. I've fixed some things that have always bugged me about the original mix and there are other things that I'm unsure about, so I'd appreciate just a  little more of your ear-time and comments on what's there now. Thanks again for everyone's great comments!

My cones thank you ..FWIW both mixes work for me but the revamp version seems more profesh albeit a bit 'milked down' (Did I say I love the bass riff ...)

Good post

Regards

Steve