BFD Summer Sale

cclarry

wow, really? what I've read at the BFD, Gearspace and KVR forums is that the transition to inmusic has been a complete boondoggle... BFD crashes, it crashes the host, the license manager de-authorizes the product or the extensions wantonly, etc etc

• Thanks 1

btw the BFD inmusic thing is a bit of a disaster zone at the moment......I'm not saying it's not worth  $49.99 but it has quite a lot of issues so expect some pain if you upgrade......eg you'll lose access to the BFD2 core library

I'm not sure if those PB libraries are FXpansion or BFDDrums - maybe it doesn't matter...but there are two different licence servers...PB will sort out any issues of course.

Incidentally Superior Drummer 3 is working beautifully ...although not at $49.99

EDIT ...Monomox beat me to the bad news.

Edited by simon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It was (is) a bit of a disaster although there are more users getting past the hurdles every day, myself included.   It's a great option to upgrade still at $49 and they've released several updates so far.  Drew did say they'd find a way to get the sound library for BFD2/London Sessions to existing users but I haven't kept track of that part of the conversation.  Yup - SD3 is clipping along but the new pricing for BFD3 expansions - with half off on top of it - is a good deal.  Still prefer the sound of BFD3 to SD3 but the toolkit Toontrack put together is just unbeatable right now.

12 minutes ago, simon said:

Incidentally Superior Drummer 3 is working beautifully ...although not at $49.99

I've spent $160 on BFD 3 and 6 expansions.  For that kind of money SD3 does not even wave at you.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 2

Caveat Emptor! The good, as usual, is in the sounds…in my view the best in the business.  The bad, as usual, is that InMusic has taken an imperfect and somewhat wonky app and turned it into an operational disaster. Their second “update” broke my BFD setup totally and luckily I was able to roll back to the last Fxpansion version. Drew is tremendous, but otherwise support is pretty useless. And, at least so far, they’ve made the app non-operational if offline. 😖

Edited by LAGinz
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, LAGinz said:

Caveat Emptor! The good, as usual, is in the sounds…in my view the best in the business.  The bad, as usual, is that InMusic has taken an imperfect and somewhat wonky app and turned it into an operational disaster. Their second “update” broke my BFD setup totally and luckily I was able to roll back to the last Fxpansion version. Drew is tremendous, but otherwise support is pretty useless. And, at least so far, they’ve made the app non-operational if offline. 😖

Since I operate my DAW online (24/7) I've had no real problems with the new BFD version save some initial user stupidity.

• Like 1

I will say this though. On Windows the License Manager is a bit of slowpoke. On my MacBookPro it's a speed demon.

Downloads on the Mac that take 3 minutes take 20-30 on the PC. Same network, both machines are ha wired into the LAN. It's a mystery.

Edited by Bapu

4 hours ago, Monomox said:

wow, really? what I've read at the BFD, Gearspace and KVR forums is that the transition to inmusic has been a complete boondoggle... BFD crashes, it crashes the host, the license manager de-authorizes the product or the extensions wantonly, etc etc

I wouldn't have noticed that until I opened it up...just like XLN

I have had so many bad experiences with InMusic software brands they bought in fire sales. Their AIR installer had problems they acknowledged knowing causing serious problems for Windows and Mac user for nearly a year that went unaddressed. I had to roll back Windows after trying to install it. I realize there's always people who say they had no problems who think that is an acceptable way for a company to operate, I strongly disagree. I would not invest $50 USD in software InMusic owns until they have at least a year without these kinds of problems. Hey, to those who think $50 is worth the price -- that's your choice. But I pity all of the folks who shell out the money only to find the software has major issues, as even $50 is too much to pay for software that doesn't work properly. Let the buyer beware. I realize that some folks -- okay Larry -- has issues with XLN having Addictive Drums on version 2 for so many years, but at least that software runs great for most users, same with Toontrack software or Stephen Slate's software. I own BFD Eco and a bunch of BFD formatted libraries I purchased from Sonic Reality years ago, but until I see signs of InMusic getting their act together on the software side, I'm not biting. There's a reason their software is dirt cheap, knowledgeable users aren't willing to pay Superior Drummer 3.0 kind of money for out of date products and software that constantly has problems. 

• Thanks 1

Good thing I don't need to investigate the possibility of purchasing this thing then, as I was on the lookout for a drum VST after MDrummer went bonkers. I've managed to narrow down the list of things not to do in order to keep it behaving, which is a bit stressful, but good enough, as I really don't want another drum sampler-sequencer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, simon said:

is that a beta - I thought 3.4.1.11 was the latest ?

No, not 3.5

I wrote that real quick and didn't realize it wasn't up to a point 5 yet!!

I started to put BFD4!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Monomox said:

I've spent $160 on BFD 3 and 6 expansions.  For that kind of money SD3 does not even wave at you.

Toontrack only do waving when they have a new version out.

Then, they're only to happy to wave you goodbye if you don't buy it.

As for BFD3 I see it as something that I already have, but not something I'm likely to be spending any more on in the future.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Grem said:

I was testing BFD 3.5 today and was getting familiar with it,  when my DAW crashed. Wasn't sure what was the problem,  but had no time to get to the bottom of it.  

Ahh….there’s a 3.5? Dareist I try? I downloaded the previous version on W10…online…and still had disastrous problems.

If you have BFD Eco, I’d still take a flyer on BFD3 with the understanding that you might not get it working properly for a year. I like the sounds that much.  BTW, while InMusic does not support the now orphaned BFD Eco…installing their program does not wipe BFD Eco off your system…at least for now. One of my major peeves is with software companies that with “updates” wipe off other separately licensed programs ( are you listening Celemony?).

• Like 2