Plugin Boutique June Freebie - Presonus Fat Channel XT

cclarry

thanks for tip but this way unfortunately is nothing I could consider :(  Remove and reinstall whole S1 just to have their plugs working in other DAW, definitely  nope.

Easier for me forget about their plugins and use other brands which plugin managers are able to setup working  plugins.

On 6/2/2021 at 9:10 AM, Piotr said:

thanks for tip but this way unfortunately is nothing I could consider :(  Remove and reinstall whole S1 just to have their plugs working in other DAW, definitely  nope.

Easier for me forget about their plugins and use other brands which plugin managers are able to setup working  plugins.

I agree. What I did was probably way overkill. There is probably a more surgical approach to resetting the PreSonus Hub. I had to make it lose the plugin's  false "Activated" status, so I could activate them from scratch. Then all was good!

One part that I left out was that PreSonus Hub had been working fine, then it was zapped by a Windows Feature update somehow (think it may have been version 2004).

16 hours ago, abacab said:

I agree. What I did was probably way overkill. There is probably a more surgical approach to resetting the PreSonus Hub. I had to make it lose the plugin's  false "Activated" status, so I could activate them from scratch. Then all was good!

One part that I left out was that PreSonus Hub had been working fine, then it was zapped by a Windows Feature update somehow (think it may have been version 2004).

Maybe it was also thr case on my comp after Win update, not sure now (don't want to mess with disk with old versions just for sake of curiosity).
Anyway Presonus should struggle with it not users. But because it was a not paid gift so I am embarrassed yelling on them.

And you are probably perfectly right about my reasons. :)

I have many other soft alternatives, so if I have to be honest to myself it is pretty likely I wouldn't use it too much anyway.

15 hours ago, Piotr said:

I have many other soft alternatives, so if I have to be honest to myself it is pretty likely I wouldn't use it too much anyway.

Same here. I have 1,000+ plugins, so I'm more inclined to reach for my IK Multimedia Total Studio Max stuff than PreSonus. I already had acquired a lot of plugins (and DAWs) before I bought in to Studio One Pro, so their proprietary plugins were not that interesting for me if I couldn't use them elsewhere, so I rarely ever touched them.

But for someone just starting out that picks up Studio One Pro to begin with, you pretty much get everything you need to get started without having to spend more money to build up your studio kit! So S1 Pro's a really good deal for newbies!

• Like 1

Has anyone who doesn't also have Studio One gotten this to work in Cakewalk?

I installed the Hub, jumped through all the hoops, Cakewalk says it's scanning the PreSonus VST3 shell, but it doesn't appear anywhere, not in the Browser or Plug-In Manager.

I'd really like to have it around, because it works in Mixcraft so I saw what it can do. Packing a lot of stuff in this plug-in. Pultec-style, 4+2 parametric, and channel-style EQ's, 1176, LA-2A, and precision compressors, gate, limiter. It's a regular Swiss Army knife.

Frigger won't show up in Cakewalk, though....

5 hours ago, Benny Bear said:

I installed it and it worked. However, I got tired of the constant scanning of the Presonus Hub as i started up - took a while (Waves style). I decided the wait wasn't worth the gain ands so uninstalled it.

Yep, PreSonus Hub does use one of those annoying VST3 Shell thingys...

• Like 1

I'd really like to be able to try out Big Beautiful Channel in Cakewalk, especially since I also picked up the free add-on pack with another 4 processors.

A weird thing is that it shows up on neither of my systems, yet on both it loads just fine in Mixcraft.

I've forced rescanning of all my plug-ins in Plug-In Manager (including failed), looked for excluded ones, nothing to be found.

There's nothing in there that's not covered by MTurboEQ and MTurboComple (and of course ProChannel), both of which I have, but I always learn something when test-driving FX.

I finally got Rubenesque Channel XT to show up in Cakewalk by removing the .VST3 suffix from the name of the folder it installs into under Program Files/Common Files/VST3.

Also alerted both PreSonus and BandLab support about the issue. I have a feeling that in the end, Cakewalk should be able to scan even if it's in a folder named with the .VST3 suffix, but it's also kind of weird to have the installer create such a folder using that name instead of just naming it PreSonus or PresonusShell. It's like they're daring the host not to scan it correctly. Why make things harder?

It's a nice multi-flavor, even more so after you go to PreSonus' site and pick up the extra 2 each compressors and EQ's.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Starship Krupa said:

I finally got Rubenesque Channel XT to show up in Cakewalk by removing the .VST3 suffix from the name of the folder it installs into under Program Files/Common Files/VST3.

Also alerted both PreSonus and BandLab support about the issue. I have a feeling that in the end, Cakewalk should be able to scan even if it's in a folder named with the .VST3 suffix, but it's also kind of weird to have the installer create such a folder using that name instead of just naming it PreSonus or PresonusShell. It's like they're daring the host not to scan it correctly. Why make things harder?

It's a nice multi-flavor, even more so after you go to PreSonus' site and pick up the extra 2 each compressors and EQ's.

Makes sense. Cakewalk applied some new plugin scan rules a while back to prevent inadvertent scanning of anything but legit VST3 plugins in the VST3 folder.

8 hours ago, abacab said:

Makes sense. Cakewalk applied some new plugin scan rules a while back to prevent inadvertent scanning of anything but legit VST3 plugins in the VST3 folder.

I remember that.

I enabled scan logging, and it was scanning it twice, once for the actual DLL and the second time for the folder. Wild guess: second time around it was marked as "not a DLL," which then kicked the earlier good scan out. I bet it will turn out that the only case is when the name of the DLL is the same as the name of a folder inside the VST3 folder.

• 3 weeks later...

Hm, slightly different problem on my system:

Immediately after installing and activating FatChannel XT via PreSonus Hub, the plugin worked fine within CbB.

After a couple of days, I noticed that CbB checks "PreSonus VST3 Shell.vst3" on every startup, although the installation did not change. The plugin is not visible within CbB. The Cakewalk Plugin Manager doesn't show it, neither in the active nor in the excluded list.

Updating CbB to 2021.06 did not change the behavior.

In Reaper the plugin is available and works as desired.

Any ideas?

Edited by Jürgen B.