Plugin Boutique June Freebie - Presonus Fat Channel XT

cclarry

Has anybody good experience with using it under CbB  for instance?

It is installing fine but not working under any other DAW than S1 (in fact maybe under S1 also is working S1 internal version)...

I have the same issue with every Presonus VST3 like Empire. The same errors. Tried to follow some 'advice' I found and even installed MS lib (what I usually avoid as a plague - not to mess with shared libs and break other apps).

5 minutes ago, Piotr said:

Has anybody good experience with using it under CbB  for instance?

It is installing fine but not working under any other DAW than S1 (in fact maybe under S1 also is working S1 internal version)...

I have the same issue with every Presonus VST3 like Empire. The same errors. Tried to follow some 'advice' I found and even installed MS lib (what I usually avoid as a plague - not to mess with shared libs and break other apps).

I believe these are "bound" to Studio One.  The ones that are also VST, and not bound, have separate installers.

1 minute ago, abacab said:

You have to install "PreSonus Hub" in order activate the PreSonus plugins on a computer.

Obviously. As mentioned, no install problems. 'Only' with running them under DAW other than S1 :)

1 hour ago, alacantec said:

Could you mates please enlighten me? Presonus states "Compatible with Studio One 4.6 and higher. Prime only (included in Artist and Professional)" https://shop.presonus.com/Fat-Channel-XT

Does this mean the PB June freebie will become redudant whenever I get a SO Pro license?

Correct. You won't need them unless you use an additional DAW. These plugins come native with Studio One Pro.  (Not sure about Artist)

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, mibby said:

Correct. You won't need them unless you use an additional DAW. These plugins come native with Studio One Pro.  (Not sure about Artist)

Most of the Studio One plugins are locked to the native DAW, especially the virtual instruments. But PreSonus has been releasing some of their FX additionally as premium VST3 plugins, with occasional giveaways.

I now have these Studio One plugins running in Cakewalk (just because I can):

• Ampire, Analog Chorus, Analog Delay, Fat Channel, Pedalboard, RedlightDist, Rotor, Tricomp,  & VU Meter.

But I rarely ever use them in any DAW, including Studio One 5 Pro, because I also have IK Mixbox, IK T-RackS 5 MAX, & IK Amplitube 4 MAX.

Fat Channel had had some good feedback, so that one is probably worth a look. But don't overlook Cakewalk Pro Channel.

Ampire and Pedalboard are imitations of Amplitube, TH-3, and Guitar Rig. So a bit redundant if you already have any of those. I believe PreSonus includes these with Studio One to give first timers a good set of effects out of the box. And it looks like it does achieve that. But if you are wanting these just because they are free, you probably already have enough FX in your collection that cover the same ground. Just saying... :)

On the flip side, these would be nice to have as VST3 plugins if you have actually been using the native versions in Studio One. I have not been.

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, abacab said:

Most of the Studio One plugins are locked to the native DAW, especially the virtual instruments. But PreSonus has been releasing some of their FX additionally as premium VST3 plugins, with occasional giveaways.

I now have these Studio One plugins running in Cakewalk (just because I can):

• Ampire, Analog Chorus, Analog Delay, Fat Channel, Pedalboard, RedlightDist, Rotor, Tricomp,  & VU Meter.

But I rarely ever use them in any DAW, including Studio One 5 Pro, because I also have IK Mixbox, IK T-RackS 5 MAX, & IK Amplitube 4 MAX.

Fat Channel had had some good feedback, so that one is probably worth a look. But don't overlook Cakewalk Pro Channel.

Ampire and Pedalboard are imitations of Amplitube, TH-3, and Guitar Rig. So a bit redundant if you already have any of those. I believe PreSonus includes these with Studio One to give first timers a good set of effects out of the box. And it looks like it does achieve that. But if you are wanting these just because they are free, you probably already have enough FX in your collection that cover the same ground. Just saying... :)

On the flip side, these would be nice to have as VST3 plugins if you have actually been using the native versions in Studio One. I have not been.

Haven't used this one yet, but the channel strips that let you actually swap out to a different kind of compressor are fairly rare (and tend to be pricey - i.e. T-Racks5, Mixbox, or PSP Infinistrip, I'll include Omni-Channel here as many of us would need to buy more than one seat to be happy).

I'm positive I have all the bases covered individually, but have a few options in one single view has some appeal.  Love the PA channel strips for example, but most of them are stuck with one compressor type.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, abacab said:

Then you must have skipped a step, because they work fine here in CbB. 😉

hm I wish I knew which one...  I have zylion plugins and know only 3 steps :) install, register and use ;) 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Piotr said:

hm I wish I knew which one...  I have zylion plugins and know only 3 steps :) install, register and use ;) 

I recall having some issue last year some time with actually getting them activated. PreSonus Hub had apparently thought they already were activated, but they actually were not. I forgot what I did to refresh the activation, but it worked finally!

Here is what I did to get it working on my system (This may not apply to your system, but maybe provide some clues):

It seems that I needed to force a re-activation of the PreSonus Hub!

A Windows feature update, such as 2020, changes the system ID that some applications use to identify the computer in use. I have encountered this with a few other manufacturers, resulting in a re-activation required for applications and plug-ins.

But the PreSonus Hub seemed to think that the plug-ins were already activated, even after the Windows feature update. An uninstall/re-install should have resolved this.

So I nuked my entire Studio One installation, including all of the settings folders, and re-installed Studio One and the PreSonus Hub clean.

"C:/ProgramData/PreSonus
C:/Users/Name-of-your-PC/AppData/Roaming/PreSonus"

This then forced a prompt to re-activate the Hub on this computer upon the next run.

Did so, and all is well now.

Edited by abacab
  • Thanks 1