Sennheiser e906 Mic

cclarry

Just now, Bapu said:

Besides price (duh) what is the difference between the two? 

the e906 has filter switches on it and a better curve...
From the site:

The cardioid e 906 instrument microphone was especially designed for guitar amps and is also excellent for percussion and horns.

Lively, full sound

Very fast attack

Flat shape is ideal for miking amp faces

Three position switchable sound character: bright, moderate, dark

Rugged metal body

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TheSteven said:

The e609 is good too.  I've got the e609 and love it.

I like the 906 cause it's  replacing   2 mics (the 421 and the sm 57) in my  amp recording set up, It sounds better imo and I don't have to use the eq much. 

Do you record amps also with the 609 only (and a di box of course) ?

Edited by Pragi
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Pragi said:

Do you record amps also with the 609 only (and a di box of course) ?

I've been using it for reamping with my IK AXE I/O.
Has a nice midrange bump that works well with my 12" amp speakers, easier to find a sweat spot.
I haven't recorded anything else with it; though I initially tested it when I received it (bought it used and needed to check that it wasn't dead) by talking into it and it sounded nice (for my voice), the slight EQ bump helped.
So it's not as flat as the e906 can be, but that's not a bad thing.

Edit: plus at the time I was able to buy it for somewhere around $50 less than I could find an e906...

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This mic is easy to handle the sweet spot and  delivers  a well belanced sound  for the live and the studio set up imo.

Not talking about Rover and Neumann mic's.

Cheers.

Edited by Pragi
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, marled said:

I am more interested in the E602 II for amp recording, because it can also be used for bass amps (20 Hz - 16 kHz), but YMMV!

For a bassman the 602 is very good choice,don"tforget an  DI Box (Palmer will do ) and  and to mix (limiter ) for a strong bass sound imo.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Pragi said:

For a bassman the 602 is very good choice,don"tforget an  DI Box (Palmer will do ) and  and to mix (limiter ) for a strong bass sound imo.

I have an e602 II for my bas rig. That's on my 15". My D112 mkII is on my one of my 10" speakers.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Bapu said:

I have an e602 II for my bas rig. That's on my 15". My D112 mkII is on my one of my 10" speakers.

That sounds like a pro  is corecting me.

Welllome  😀

Edited by Pragi
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pragi said:

That sounds like a pro  is corecting me.

Welllome  😀

I'm no pro, it's just what I ended up with after upgrading my kick mics.  The e602 II was part of a bundle of drum mics. The D112 was replaced by a Telefunken M82 on my drum kit.

11 hours ago, Bapu said:

I just wonder whether the e602 II also sounds good on a guitar amp?

On the basis of the frequency range it should handle that, as its range even goes higher (16 kHz) than the one of the e609. To cut a long story short, I want a dynamic microphone that can be used both on guitar and bass amps. Until now I have always used my C414B-ULS for recording amps, but it is so sensitive! 😆