Different Audio Input and Output?

gill

I need to be able to unlink my audio input and output drivers.  I'm using an AI to record vocals, but I want the sound go go through my computer.  My driver mode is in ASIO, but I can't change my input driver to ASIO4ALL, which is what works for me when I use other DAWs.  Help!

31 minutes ago, gill said:

I need to be able to unlink my audio input and output drivers.  I'm using an AI to record vocals, but I want the sound go go through my computer.  My driver mode is in ASIO, but I can't change my input driver to ASIO4ALL, which is what works for me when I use other DAWs.  Help!

Make 2 different user profiles in your PC. that may work.  One for one sound card and one for the other sound card...

I would not recommend trying to use that set up. It will just end up being a hair pulling experience which requires constant fussing about.  

If the reason you wish to do this is you don't own proper studio monitors and so therefore use computer speakers for playback then you are better off pugging them into your Audio Interfaces headphone jack. You may need a 1/8" to 1/4" adaptor.

When working with audio and a DAW you'll want to use ASIO and a proper audio interface for everything you do. Life will be better that way. 

If your interface has a S/PDIF out, you could connect it to the S/PDIF in of the internal soundcard. You will then be able to monitor the audio through the computer speakers without changing driver mode.