Gig Performer 4

cclarry

NEW V4 OUT NOW!
Updated with extensive new features
The ultimate musical companion for live performance and rehearsals. Whether you’re a guitarist, keyboardist, or even an effects-savvy drummer or vocalist, Gig Performer 4 is your gateway to using your favorite software instruments, amp simulators, and FX plugins in a live performance setting.

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/products/gig_performer_4.html

Deskew Gig Performer 4 – UNLOCKED Edition

The V4 Upgrade is FREE for all customers who bought the GP 3 at full price in 2021. Please contact Customer Support to get your free V4 license if you qualify! If you have bought V3 discounted or before 2021 the upgrade price is $99.99, see below.

In other words - if you bought it from us at sale (ie everyone) then no soup for you!

Intro price (for new users) $169 is same price as Gig Performer from developer.

Edited by TheSteven

2 hours ago, TheSteven said:

In other words - if you bought it from us at sale (ie everyone) then no soup for you!

Intro price is same price as Gig Performer from developer.

In other words they are on my shitlist.  This even tops Waves. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

its feels like a real steal
first they run a sale over Gig Performer 3 and after two weeks they release Gig Performer 4 which you have to add another $99 to upgrade WTF 😧

Edited by Leok85

Sonible did the same thing with SmartEQ 3.  I just happened to buy SmartEQ 2 a week before
SmartEQ 3 was released.  When I inquired about the upgrade I was told that

"The $29 to upgrade is a GREAT value and you should be happy to pay it.."

Yeah...NO....

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Paul Young said:

In other words they are on my shitlist.  This even tops Waves. 

Costs too much for me to upgrade (which is what I anticipated they would do after putting it on Sale and Allowing it to be used with Vouchers) but I'm not sure it is worse than WAVES.

Did anyone ever actually pay full price for this at PA (without a voucher or extra opportunity discount)?  Seems pretty unlikley.  

Those that bought it straight from GP, likely already paid a premium price.  It isn't like you could have purchased v3 for $25 out of pocket like some were able to though PA.

Comparing to WAVES is unfair, when has WAVES ever had a real upgrade to a product like this?

(until they drop the price or add the option to run the thing as a VST3, I won't be interested.  This thing needs to be able to run both stand alone and to pull up those same interface/settings within a DAW itself as a VST)

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Like 1

I bought Gig Performer 3 – UNLOCKED Edition from PA, during a sale and a with a voucher for $25.

I figured it was worth it to play with (knowing the upgrade was coming). So even at the $99 price, if I decide to upgrade, I'm at $124 vs $169. Maybe I'm the exception.

Also it appears that if you buy via PA, you can run Windows and Mac versions (if you need to). At the developers site it is $199 for both Mac and PC.

Just my experience...

Why does everyone feel entitled to free upgrades of major versions after they paid $25? Maybe it's time to look in the mirror?

That said, running a sale on the previous version two weeks prior to releasing the next - without announcing the next version - would be a scumbag move and say a lot about how the company views you, the customer; you're a dumb, dead resource. Give them the same treatment!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

PA didn't announce their 'deal' until after the developer's pre-release sale was over...
and their (PA's) price is higher than the prerelease developer's price.
Expected but still shitty

Edited by TheSteven

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

Sonible did the same thing with SmartEQ 3.  I just happened to buy SmartEQ 2 a week before

Yeah...NO....

this is one of the most flout reply to customer I ever heard tbh (
i message PA very curios  what are thy gonna reply me

3 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

(until they drop the price or add the option to run the thing as a VST3, I won't be interested.  This thing needs to be able to run both stand alone and to pull up those same interface/settings within a DAW itself as a VST)

I've been trying to use GP3 (with Voicemeeter Banana) to set up in Cakewalk, but have been successful.  Followed their instructions, but couldn't get past step 1. In Audio setup, I can only choose my audio interface (Axe I/O ASIO) or the Voicemeeter virtual ASIO. 

Couldn't get this: 

1) Here is Gig Performer with the guitar input coming through a Scarlett audio interface and the processed output going into the first two channels of Blackhole virtual driver

https://gigperformer.com/recording-your-gig-performer-performance-with-a-daw/

Has anyone got this to work in a DAW?

Edited by Mesh

15 hours ago, cclarry said:

Right..that's LITERALLY what they told me...

PA reply

thank you for contacting PA support !
Unfortunately, you are not eligible for a free upgrade to Gig Performer 4 UNLOCKED since you grabbed Gig Performer 3 UNLOCKED as a special offer.
Nevertheless, I am happy to tell you that GP 3 U owners are able to upgrade to GP 4 U at a reduced price for just $ 99.99 !
Simply log in to your PA account, add GP 4 UNLOCKED to your cart and let the magic happen !

Best,

no wonder he is Happy to tell me that.
only thing left to say PA have slicky attitude to run sales and squeeze its costumers 

19 hours ago, cclarry said:

Yeah...NO....

Hmm, I read somewhere (probably at reddit) that if you bought SmartEQ 2 shortly before the release of SmartEQ 3, upgrade is free.