Softube Saturation Knob as a plugin? (SOLVED)

• 3 weeks later...

I was about to make this same question until I found your thread. So...I'm not understanding how you solved it. Is there a Vst3 version in Cakewalk? Or did you download a vst3 from Softube and opened it in Cakewalk outside of the ProChannel? I ask because my plan was to open Softubes Saturation Knob in a Stereo Bus to affect many vocal tracks, but the only way I can use it is through the ProChannel which would mean having many instances of Softube open which eats up resources. Thanks ahead.

CbB includes an older version of the VST2 plug-in installed in PC modules folder.

AFAIK, the only way to acquire the VST3 format is download it directly from Softube.

There is a ProChannel on every bus.

Thanks for the prompt response. Your last sentence saved the day. "

There is a ProChannel on every bus."

When I look at the top of the  stereo bus, there is no way to open the module folder, but...when I look in the inspector track panel at the top, there is the module folder. Thanks a million. 

Alternatively,  open up regedit (Registry Editor), navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST X64\Inventory\c:/program files/Cakewalk/shared utilities/Internal/Saturation Knob.dll, and hasVstEntryPoint from 0 to 1.

Open CbB and rescan VSTs; you may need to close and re-open CbB (I did, but that may be because I was registry editing at the same time).

It'll appear as a plug-in and a PC module.

Edited by Kevin Perry