VSTBuzz: 65% off Sospiro Strings by Ben Osterhouse

cclarry

6 hours ago, TracingArcs said:

This is a nice deal, but I've seen PATTERN STRINGS at that price before. 

But 16 euros for Sospiro Strings is an amazing deal.

I have been collecting his stuff like candy since the original String Flow.  There are few that I don't have. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The ONLY thing I don't like about Ben Osterhouse's stuff is they are kind of pricey.  I also don't know why a guy in Minneapolis only sells his stuff in British Pounds and euros.  Couldn't he sell through ONE American company?  😡 I often visit family in Twin Cities.  Maybe I will drop in unannounced at his house, and save the currency transfer.  😀

But the firm high prices has changed and we are seeing offers like these.  The first big discount was last BF, on APD if I remember.  You can get up to 40% off on BF.

So get to know his stuff. Watch the videos.  Because I expect there will be more of these.  All his stuff is great.

For me the answer to GAS is to try not to buy anything only because it's on sale. (I admit I often fail, but I try.)  I like to keep a list of stuff I want and then wait for the sale.  For example, I want Audiofier's  Tetrality, but they had a 50% off sale last year on BF.  And sometimes they do crazy sales on APD.  I have plenty of stuff to play with until then.

Although an argument might be made that Ben's intro prices are usually pretty good. 🤔

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

The ONLY thing I don't like about Ben Osterhouse's stuff is they are kind of pricey.  I also don't know why a guy in Minneapolis only sells his stuff in British Pounds and euros.  Couldn't he sell through ONE American company?  😡 I often visit family in Twin Cities.  Maybe I will drop in unannounced at his house, and save the currency transfer.  😀

But the firm high prices has changed and we are seeing offers like these.  The first big discount was last BF, on APD if I remember.  You can get up to 40% off on BF.

So get to know his stuff. Watch the videos.  Because I expect there will be more of these.  All his stuff is great.

For me the answer to GAS is to try not to buy anything only because it's on sale. (I admit I often fail, but I try.)  I like to keep a list of stuff I want and then wait for the sale.  For example, I want Audiofier's  Tetrality, but they had a 50% off sale last year on BF.  And sometimes they do crazy sales on APD.  I have plenty of stuff to play with until then.

Although an argument might be made that Ben's intro prices are usually pretty good. 🤔

I read this thread and bought.  This library is really closer to a one trick pony.   I'm also a pony easily tricked. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

34 minutes ago, Paul Young said:

I read this thread and bought.  This library is really closer to a one trick pony.   I'm also a pony easily tricked.

I know, I know ... ! How many times did I buy a plugin/instrument only because it was on sale!! 😆

• Like 1

6 hours ago, marled said:

I know, I know ... ! How many times did I buy a plugin/instrument only because it was on sale!! 😆

The way I figure it, the money I save from buying something on sale can be rolled over to new purchases. I now have thousands of dollars banked up from Wave, and PA purchases alone, not to mention 8Dio and Rigid Audio.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

@Doug Rintoul It is always good to have some plans on stuff you need and stick with it... but sometimes we need to treat ourselves... whatever keeps you motivated 🙂

Saving with a plan is a great way of being organised and knowing your exact needs. How many reverbs do you need, channel strips? It 's up to us to decide and stay focused, otherwise the valuable production time goes to waste... searching, testing, comparing... you know 🙂

Edited by ZokZTM
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 2