The Icon Pro Audio Qcon Pro G2 Control Surface

jesse g

I was called by a fiend who said he had a surprise for me, so I showed up at his house a few hours later.

He had just purchased an Icon Pro Audio Qcon Pro G2 Control Surface for $699.00. This control surface is sweet!!!

After testing if for a few minutes, I said to myself, I have to get  one of those. 

I think it's time to get rid of the Mackie Control Surface.

image.png.439e0b261e97654696ff8a74f405ef0c.png

See the attached video

• 3 months later...

been watching vids on it and this one gives me a little concern. His unboxing and review was great, he loved everything about it, the next vid he found that (with studio 1) that the pan knob values didn't show on the unit until you pressed flip, and the 3rd vid I saw from him was nothing but problems, hopefully it's only his unit.

same guy also wrote this after it returned from repair.

When I was deciding to purchase a DAW controller I was trying to choose between the qcon g2 and the xtouch. I chose the qcon because of appearance and expand ability. Sure you can daisy chain the xtouch but it does not look as good. I did not get the Pro X because I did not have the extra funds at the time. The only major difference between the G2 and X is the meter bridge that I can tell. Since I’ve gotten mine back from repair I have not had any problems. I am even planning on expanding my setup. I did some research on the problem that i had and it seemed to be rare. Many people have purchased this unit and are having 0 problems, so I think mine was just a fluke. I find it difficult to track & mix without it.

On 5/31/2021 at 11:55 PM, jesse g said:

I was called by a fiend who said he had a surprise for me, so I showed up at his house a few hours later.

He had just purchased an Icon Pro Audio Qcon Pro G2 Control Surface for $699.00. This control surface is sweet!!!

After testing if for a few minutes, I said to myself, I have to get  one of those. 

I think it's time to get rid of the Mackie Control Surface.

My understanding is that it's an MCU clone. How is it different/better?

On 9/17/2021 at 8:56 AM, Pollux said:

My understanding is that it's an MCU clone. How is it different/better?

As I stated earlier Pollux, my MCU faders are getting stuck and my lights are having problems. What I have is the  original MCU, not the MCU Pro.  The cost of the Pro is 1,299.99.  The Cost of the Icon QCon Pro G2 Control Surface is only $749.99 and still can be found for $699.99 in some stores.  If it's a clone, then it will do the same thing for a lot less money.   That's what's better!! 

Edited by jesse g
  • Great Idea 1