Native Instruments Komplete upgrade deals starts June 1st!

Yan Filiatrault

38 minutes ago, TracingArcs said:

Now watch the NI servers get slammed. As half the musical making world tries to download and register...........😕

As someone painfully familiar with Native Access, i predict there will be a lot of cursing once people realize NA requires crazy amount of free space on boot drive even though they set their download/install folders to an external ssd :)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kevin H said:

As someone painfully familiar with Native Access, i predict there will be a lot of cursing once people realize NA requires crazy amount of free space on boot drive even though they set their download/install folders to an external ssd :)

Not for me. There are ways around this by setting up linked folders. 

5 minutes ago, kevin H said:

Thanks.  I think will be very useful to some on here if they run into problems with NA but as a Mac user, what is this abomination called “c:\” and “d:\” drives hehe

The more easily typeable Windows equivalent something like of /mnt/hdd0 and /mnt/hdd1 😜

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, kevin H said:

Thanks.  I think will be very useful to some on here if they run into problems with NA but as a Mac user, what is this abomination called “c:\” and “d:\” drives hehe

You can do it on a Mac as well with ln -s. On my Mac I have a Data drive which is mounted on /Volumes/Data. From the terminal I could create a link by doing something like the following:

ln -s "/Volume/Data/Native Instruments" "/Users/doug/Native Instruments"

Then anything that was dumped into  "/Users/doug/Native Instruments" would actually go into "/Volume/Data/Native Instruments"

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, antler said:

The more easily typeable Windows equivalent something like of /mnt/hdd0 and /mnt/hdd1 😜

Actually, while the above can occur for automounted USB drives, you can permanently mount a drive pretty much anywhere in the file system. At least you can in Linux. Not sure about Macs. With Macs, however, if the drive is labeled, then it will automatically mount under /Volumes/{label} where {label} is drive label. I never did much like Windows drive letters. It was still better then the VMS abomination if anyone still remembers and worked with that.

• Like 2