Native Instruments Komplete upgrade deals starts June 1st!

Yan Filiatrault

Bought the K13 upgrade from Select/Kontakt directly from NI to save on sales tax (physical products are taxed, digital delivery of licenses are not).  Looking forward to trying all the pianos and Guitar Rig 6 Pro.

Edited by ALC

The K13U bundle is over 840 GB of stuff, so the physical HD would be 1 TB I believe. That's the one I ordered, so I am hoping for that extra HD space. 

After installing every thing from that drive, I am going to back up the drive contents to my awaiting 2TB drive with my current Komplete stuff, and then just wipe the 1TB drive and use it for other stuff.

Edited by jesse g
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

40 minutes ago, jesse g said:

The K13U bundle is over 840 GB of stuff, so the physical HD would be 1 TB I believe. That's the one I ordered, so I am hoping for that extra HD space. 

After installing every thing from that drive, I am going to back up the drive contents to my awaiting 2TB drive with my current Komplete stuff, and then just wipe the 1TB drive and use it for other stuff.

I would like to know how much they actually put on the drive, you might find the drive is 500gig and you have to download the remaining 340gig direct from them via Native Access. I have KU10 and all of that came on the hard drive which was great as my home internet connection is bad, I just put it on, authorized it and was good to go. The updates and any extras I could download manually on another computer and then transfer to my home DAW.

I thought it would be the same deal with KU12 when I got that but there was another 120gig or so of stuff to download in addition to what was on the hard drive. That led to me arguing with NI over what is the point of the hard drive then? I had to return it because it wasn't possible for me to download it and you have to download it to your DAW, you can't download it to a separate computer and then transfer it.

I should imagine it's the same with KU13, whatever you get on the drive will only be part of the whole thing. If they had the whole thing on there, I would get it straight away.

Native Access is a good idea for those who have strong internet but if you don't, the fact that they don't offer alternative ways of downloading or put the whole thing on the hard drive is a deal killer for me at the moment.

Edited by Tezza
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Fleer said:

Is everything on the drive? No additional downloading (except minor updates) necessary? 

Not even close!!!

Despite having the HDD plugged into my system and recognized by Native Access, I too had to download 120+ GB of content.  And it was all the large 20-30GB libraries.

So I too say, WTF is the point of making me pay for a HDD if so much content has to be downloaded anyway?!?

Geeesh...

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, jesse g said:

I was told by Jack Langford from Time and Space, that shipments should be going out this week.

thats what Timespace says last 2 weeks already....and they still do not have it in hands

On 6/19/2021 at 7:50 AM, jesse g said:

I'll probably stick with a 1tb ssd for my sample drive despite the heaviness of KU13. What I've learned is that I only use certain applications/instruments out of Komplete Ultimate, things like Drum Lab (which i could never get working properly anyway) and the Abbey road drum sets, I will never use, for drums all I need is Studio Drummer, Battery and a great selection of samples/loops and I'm done. Also, a couple of the upright piano's I don't use, they make some really ugly resonant noises that I don't like, others might. Although "The Gentleman" is a keeper for me.

The bottom line is, you don't need to install all of it but people do have different needs, so will install whatever they want but if someone is installing for the first time, they may want to install all of it until they work out what it is they are going to actually use. To do that, you are going to need a 2tb drive because there will probably be other non-NI sample libraries you will want to use.

Edited by Tezza

All the time spent waiting. You might have as well bought the digital version and spent all these days downloading it ....... and you still would have finished downloading hundreds of gigabytes before the supposed date of delivery! :P

• Haha 1

I have been on the fence but I have just ordered the Komplete upgrade from T&S.  I was notified that they were waiting on stock before I placed the order. Even with shipping (UK) it was cheaper than download from NI and of course there are the freebees. I had a bunch of T&S loyaly points too which brought it down further.  Now I will wait patiently.

• Great Idea 3