Native Instruments Komplete upgrade deals starts June 1st!

Yan Filiatrault

£85 for me from Time and Space for the regular Komplete update, the deal is not showing on NIs site yet but I doubt the download will be much cheaper. I am not convinced the extra content will do more than eat up hard disc space. There are some nice to haves but nothing compelling for me.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

Just ask them to send you the serial by email, they will refund the shipping and you'll get it quickly. I did it many times with them and will do the same now too.

I just tried this at Time+Space and they issued me a refund almost immediately after placing my order.  I would not have thought to do this myself.

Thanks for the great idea (and saving me $25)!

Cheers...

37 minutes ago, Vernon Barnes said:

£85 for me from Time and Space for the regular Komplete update, the deal is not showing on NIs site yet but I doubt the download will be much cheaper. I am not convinced the extra content will do more than eat up hard disc space. There are some nice to haves but nothing compelling for me.

I'm in the same boat Vernon. But looking at the comparison on NI website of K12 to K13 standard.  The standouts for me are Noire, Cuba, Gtr Rig Pro 6, Session Guitarist Electric Sunburst. Plus the freebies from T&S. So I think I will bite this time. Besides, I like the fact that all my editions are on a hard drive. Just feel a bit more secure.

2 hours ago, locrian said:

I just tried this at Time+Space and they issued me a refund almost immediately after placing my order.  I would not have thought to do this myself.

Thanks for the great idea (and saving me $25)!

Cheers...

Same for me. Waiting for the serial.

3 minutes ago, Carlos Iglesias said:

I do not understand do they send you the box or do they send you the serial number?

On retailers, it’s a boxed product. They will ship it to you, but if you ask them at Time+Space, they can open the package and send you the serial by email. They will refund the shipping if you do that.

17 minutes ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

On retailers, it’s a boxed product. They will ship it to you, but if you ask them at Time+Space, they can open the package and send you the serial by email. They will refund the shipping if you do that.

Same for Best Service. They even state that it's an option on their product page:

Service information:
- On request, we will send you the product serial number/license code from your box via email before shipping (if you like us to do so, please let us know by writing to shipping@bestservice.de )
- You may also choose NOT to have the box and its contents shipped. In this case we will refund the shipping costs (€ 5.00 for the EU, € 25.00 outside of the EU) and dispose of the box professionally. Please also let us know by email (shipping@bestservice.de) if you like us to do so.

Source:  https://www.bestservice.com/komplete_13_ultimate_ce_upgrade_ultimate.html#

Just now, Ron Stranghoener said:

So i can update to 13 for $99 or for $98 but on JRR it is $399? Very confused. Apparently JRR doesn't sell the base update.

That the Upgrade from Komplete Select/Kontakt on JRR"s site...not the update...at $399, which should now be
$199

Just wanted to point out two things:

• Unlike some other companies, there is no time limit on when you have to download your software by; you don't have to worry about filling up your drive/s with stuff that you aren't using now, but might want in the future.
  • Even if you don't need the physical drive, you might want to order it anyway. It's a nice USB3 external portable drive that you could reformat and use to back up your other libraries (from vendors with less generous download policies) if you wanted to. Granted, somewhere between 0.25 TB and 1TB of storage (depending on which edition you go for) isn't is the biggest of backup drives, but it's pretty good for the price difference.

31 minutes ago, Ron Stranghoener said:

Yes i see that now....however i can't find anywhere on JRR a simple base update to Komplete 13 (NOT ultimate which seems to be the only update they have on their site).

JRR hasn't yet "joined the party" so to speak...will probably hop on the bandwagon later

4 minutes ago, Hillmy said:

I just got Kontakt crossgrade from free player for $124!!! 😲😃😎

It's usually a free 3rd Party Instrument, like Drum'ica that gets you the crossgrade...
there is no crossgrade from the Player version

• Like 1