IK iLoud Pair - $100 Off

cclarry

RCA audio inputs, LOL! I wonder if they are balanced? 🤪

In all fairness, I should probably cut them some slack... it appears those were designed to primarily connect with i-Things via Bluetooth, with the wired inputs only as auxiliary.

Edited by abacab

8 minutes ago, abacab said:

In all fairness, I should probably cut them some slack... it appears those were designed to primarily connect with i-Things via Bluetooth, with the wired inputs only as auxiliary.

They get good reviews...I think Fleer has a pair!

Don't know how these compare to 'proper' full size monitors, but I really like them (and I think my mixes don't sound too bad either). They operate as a pair of stereo speakers (one power supply to power the pair), and despite their size, can go really loud with a good (but not hyped) bass response. Bluetooth connectivity too, so they can double as something to (casually) listen to your music on.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, abacab said:

I think that the "RCA" jacks would be for RCA to 1/4" outs on your interface, which is usually the case on small
to midsize interfaces.  Due to the smaller size of the ILoud's, it would only make sense, and IDK if they 
Include the 1/4" to RCA cables or not...

2 minutes ago, antler said:

It was ages ago since I bought mine, but IIRC the answer is no

That's a bad thing.  If IK chooses to use RCA, which is still an older format for "Monitors" then you would
think that they would include the cable because of that.  Most people have 1/4" to 1/4" for their Monitors...
but it is IK...so there's that!

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

That's a bad thing.  If IK chooses to use RCA, which is still an older format for "Monitors" then you would
think that they would include the cable because of that.  Most people have 1/4" to 1/4" for their Monitors...
but it is IK...so there's that!

I think it came supplied with a standard 'Y' cable, i.e. 1/8" TRS to L/R RCA jacks. It's actually how I have it set up: the TRS in the iLoud; RCA-to-1/4" converters on each RCA jack, which then goes into the outputs on my interface. It might be considered a ghastly setup, but it's good enough for me right now.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, antler said:

I think it came supplied with a standard 'Y' cable, i.e. 1/8" TRS to L/R RCA jacks. It's actually how I have it set up: the TRS in the iLoud; RCA-to-1/4" converters on each RCA jack, which then goes into the outputs on my interface. It might be considered a ghastly setup, but it's good enough for me right now.

That means that you would still have to have a splitter, and an 1/8'" TRS to 2 x 1/4" TS for most interfaces,
Or just 2 RCA to 1/4" Ts cables....

Edited by cclarry

I have had a pair for a while and they are really powerful for their size and a great second set of speakers to check your mixes on. I actually used the SPDIF out on my PreSonus Studio 6|8 and ran the RCA connections from a small converter box.

On the subject of the original iLoud speaker, it is a beast and will surprise you with how much sound it can out into a room. I have taken it with me along with the iRig Keys IO to a couple of Chick-fil-A Christmas parties inside the restaurant and it was a lot of fun.

I still want to get a pair of the iLoud MTMs. 😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1