AIR Xpand!2 on sale $14.99

abacab

Not the lowest price ever, but not bad if you need a good virtual ROMpler!

2500+ sounds covering 29 instrument categories, not GM, but 4-part multitimbral. Light footprint, with small sample library about 1.5GB.

https://www.producerspot.com/product/xpand-2

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/1-Instruments/64-Virtual-Instrument/1560-Xpand-2

*Free iLok account and License Manager required.

Edited by abacab
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

Of course, it was free or $1.00 for a year or two straight, so I don't know if I would call $14.99 exactluy a sale.  4

But it is definitely worth a lot more than $14.99.  It's pretty great. 

I have only seen it go as low as $9.99 recently. It has been a few years since it was running at $1. That's when I discovered it, LOL!

But if I hadn't already paid $1 for it, I would have gladly spent $10 or $15 for it. There is nothing else on the planet that offers such a variety of instruments in such an inexpensive package. It has a light footprint on disk storage and CPU usage, so you can run many instances without killing your PC.

You would probably end up replacing many of the Xpand!2 sounds later in mixing, if you had some high quality substitutes. But many of those alternatives are CPU and RAM eaters, and often you might need to freeze some of those HQ instrument tracks to keep things from getting out of hand.

Edited by abacab
  • Like 2

It was free at the beginning of 2016.   And the free deal sort of bounced around from website to website. 

And even though it was $1 after that, it's possible that deal won't come back.  Soon. 

But I couldn't take advantage of that deal because XPand!2 came free with an Alesis keyboard I bought.  😀

1 minute ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

But I couldn't take advantage of that deal because XPand!2 came free with an Alesis keyboard I bought.  😀

That's exactly why I now have 2 copies of Xpand!2, LOL!

I bought an Alesis VX49 keyboard that came with a VIP/AIR instrument bundle. :)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, abacab said:

I have only seen it go as low as $9.99 recently. It has been a few years since it was running at $1. That's when I discovered it, LOL!

But if I hadn't already paid $1 for it, I would have gladly spent $10 or $15 for it. There is nothing else on the planet that offers such a variety of instruments in such an inexpensive package. It has a light footprint on disk storage and CPU usage, so you can run many instances without killing your PC.

You would probably end up replacing many of the Xpand!2 sounds later in mixing, if you had some high quality substitutes. But many of those alternatives are CPU and RAM eaters, and often you might need to freeze some of those HQ instrument tracks to keep things from getting out of hand.

I like the finger pick bass as a starter, and often like it so much I don't exchange it later on. I also like the easy-to-use mixing layers (up to 4 different sounds).

20 hours ago, abacab said:

LOL! Just wait till it goes to $1, or free, again!

I haven't seen that offer for a long time now and even at $14.99 if you don't have it then it's still worth it for the pads alone, but every company that I see employing this kind of marketing BS just makes me less and less inclined to ever give them any money at all. 

On the plus side, the future is becoming very cheap.😀

27 minutes ago, paulo said:

I haven't seen that offer for a long time now and even at $14.99 if you don't have it then it's still worth it for the pads alone

This thing is a bit like a "Light" version of the AIR Structure sampler. There are lots of real instruments in there besides pads. Brass, Woodwinds, Strings, Basses, Drums, Percussion, Vocals, Ethnic, Mallets, Bells... etc.