Theme: Tungsten arm track button on cocaine

gamo sphere

Ok I want to make a joke out of it and I know it's a legacy theme but it is (I know I'm stupid) a reason why I don't like to use it at the recording state (I need a life I know)

I have an idea why it was done like that would it be possible to take a few minutes (during a coffee break) to change the arm track icons in in all the views where it is use so that they don't look like they are on cocaine (a big white circle within a larger red circle) to make it the same shape as the Solo/mute buttons' icon? 

Tweaking the m/s/r) button to make them the sharper (a nice clear green, yellow, red) ?

BUT DON'T REPLACE THE CURRENT THEME AS A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE PROBABLY LIKE IT AND ARE USE TO IT

PLEASE NO: JUST CALL IT TUNGSTEEN2 or whatever you like to make it a 3rd CBB supported theme

NOTE

1) When it was introduced (I can't remember if it was days one) I had found, thru many trials an error, a way to replace the button, making it a custom view but I've just installed the          latest version and know I had no choice to TOTALLY DELETE IT from the themes folder to stop getting the "invalid theme" warning message EVEN IF I had the mercury theme selected.

2) This is also one reason why I would prefer it to be part of the default themes bundled as opposed to going with 3rd party's themes 'cause it's not fun to get use to something to                then have to drop it because code changes.

Cheers!

Mario

Hi Mario,

This might be better posted in the UI Themes forum. If you have trouble with themes you have created in the past, or current themes, we can help you out.

TUNGSTEN isn't a legacy theme. It's the default theme. (Well, one of two).

2 hours ago, gamo sphere said:

Tweaking the m/s/r) button to make them the sharper (a nice clear green, yellow, red) ?

I don't think I'm seeing what you're seeing:

image.png.7b16d6d839f0bbf630598e972b32ff49.png

Looks pretty clear to me. And the ARM TRACK button doesn't seem to be tripping. I don't really see how this could be made clearer.

Colin,

1) I forgot about the theme group  but I tried to select another theme I got from that group and I had the red alert red alert warning box..

I'm not sure I want to waste my time with that so I'll stick with the mercury theme.

2) the armed button I have in my default tunsteen theme is not what your picture show. Mine turn from a dot inside a square t a big one circle into a larger red circle.....thes the armed track on cocaine joke....(-:

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, gamo sphere said:

I tried to select another theme I got from that group and I had the red alert red alert warning box

The theme creators in the UI Themes subforum are pretty diligent about updating our themes and putting that in the topics of the posts that link to our themes, so you had to browse past at least two dozen updated themes to find one that wasn't updated.

The updated themes will have threads that have been bumped to near the top or state outright that they are 2021.04 compliant.

If you still have an archive copy of your customized Tungsten theme, it's the work of a few minutes to export your Record Arm button image and then re-import it back into a stock Tungsten theme.

Perhaps I don't understand what your issue is, Like Colin, I don't see how it could be made clearer or less ambiguous that a given track is armed. The button turns red in both Mercury and Tungsten. That's been an industry standard for over half a century, going back to the tape days.

As a matter of fact, the MSR (RW*A) buttons are some of the few images still left unchanged in my own themes. I figured they were standard and should be left alone.

Also, you definitely should not have been getting the "invalid theme" message just because you had a non-updated theme sitting in your Cakewalk Themes folder.

One thing I found out the hard way is that I can't just rename a theme in Explorer, if I want to change its filename I need to open it in Theme Editor and save it with the new name. If I don't do it that way, Cakewalk gets confused about which theme is which.

Edited by Starship Krupa