Trying to download/install Dimension Pro

OldNick

DimPro shows as one of my downloads.

(1)I would rather download using a scheduler, as I have over 3X  as much data room after hours. But I keep getting  error 403, access denied when I try. I copy the download link and paste into to my scheduler, but with repeated failures.

(2) Wanting to _use_ DimPro, I tried downloading manually. I have now downloaded well over 1.3GB of data with a failed result. It starts put fine, but I then get everything slowing  down to KB/s, until I get a "network failure" message. I test my network and it seems fine: 20Gb/second+ which means I should be dl'ing 2+ GB/s.

Can I use a scheduler in any way? Why are my downloads crashing all the time? It's been a long time since this kept happening.

Thanks for any help

Nick

Dim Pro can be installed using the old Command Center system. You need to log on to your Gibson account etc. 
The other thing I know is you need to use “Run as Administrator “ 

When Gibson gave us the boot most made back up copies of all the Sonar files and installers by copying the Command Center download folder. 
Thus I haven’t needed to download for years now but I’m pretty sure the server is still there. 

Two methods:

1. Log into Cakewalk Command Center, and locate your download there. That will download, install, and activate it on autopilot.

2. Alternatively, access your old "my account" at the legacy Cakewalk site. It should have all of your registered Cakewalk programs and serials available for manual download. You would need to use both the serial number AND registration code. And like John just said, Dimension Pro must be running in administrator mode to activate with this method. Something to do with a required write access in the Windows registry. You don't need admin access to run normally after activation.

On 5/30/2021 at 5:42 AM, abacab said:

Two methods:

1. Log into Cakewalk Command Center, and locate your download there. That will download, install, and activate it on autopilot.

2. Alternatively, access your old "my account" at the legacy Cakewalk site. It should have all of your registered Cakewalk programs and serials available for manual download. You would need to use both the serial number AND registration code. And like John just said, Dimension Pro must be running in administrator mode to activate with this method. Something to do with a required write access in the Windows registry. You don't need admin access to run normally after activation.

This thread is weird. I can't get rid of the quotes, even though I have unquoted them and I was trying post a new post..Anyhoo...Today I caved in and just downloaded the thing, during my On Peak time :(....and it simply downloaded! :). So then I tried the scheduler, set just ahead  of now...and started downloading. (grrr) I of course stopped it. 

So thanks for the input guys. There must have been a hash-up in the site.

On 5/29/2021 at 11:03 PM, John Vere said:

Dim Pro can be installed using the old Command Center system. You need to log on to your Gibson account etc. 
The other thing I know is you need to use “Run as Administrator “ 

When Gibson gave us the boot most made back up copies of all the Sonar files and installers by copying the Command Center download folder. 
Thus I haven’t needed to download for years now but I’m pretty sure the server is still there. 

Thanks for the replies. Troubles are: Cakewalk Command Center on my PC starts up, says I am not logged in just sits there. I am logged in to the Legacy Cakewalk site and on the My Product page. But that is where I have already tried. It won't  let me use a scheduler, and this is where I have wasted 2.3 GB of data trying to download manually and it just keeps dumping me... "Network error". The download starts out fine, then just gets slower and slower and finally  stops.  My network is fine.

Edited by OldNick

2 hours ago, abacab said:

Did you manage to get that download installed?

Yeah guy!  (t did install and di d not cause the crashes I had had .  I am currently arranging the download of any of the installers

I can. Some of them have died. When all this happened, I was out of the loop and was not worried about updates.

• Like 1

I can sympathize if your on a limited internet connection. I used to have Xplornet satellite with a 50 GB cap. Not only that it would bonk out all the time and downloads would be messed up. 
My solution was take my laptop to a location with proper internet and update everything. 
That’s were I learned how to copy the ccc download folder to my other computer and then run the up dates.
I have multiple backups of that folder as what is in there is worth a lot of cash. I haven’t needed to download anything since Sonar got the boot from Gibson 

• Great Idea 1

Yeah I had that years ago, when I was on the end of  a really crappy phoneline-based connection. 28.8K and noisy as anything. I used to go into town and to an internet cafe to download. The guy in the cafe would casually scroll stuff using the mouse wheel. It made me sick.

But now I have 3MB/s downloads, which is not flash, but I am stuck with Satellite. But I don't think the  problem was at my end.

I am definitely working on downloading all the install files that are still available. I was not in the loop when all the Gibson/Bandlab stuff was happening. I do not know where half of them went