New Theme by EnglandBross

EnglandBross

15 minutes ago, Colin Nicholls said:

Welcome to the club! Is there anything specific about this theme you'd like to tell us about? Did you have goals in mind, while developing it?

Thanks Colin
I tried to use a SSL Knob to give cakewalk a different look
in the scale eq on the quad curve I have add a line about +- 3, +- 9 db to have more precision and separate the 4 part 
Below you can see  the new skin about PC76 and PC4

new theme 2.png

I like those knobs and processor skins. The +/- 3dB lines are also a great idea given how many tutorials give that number as a starting point for cuts and boosts.

As far as the knob highlight colors, I like to stick to no more than 3 (4 if you count the neutral value background) colors in a theme. Background, Accent, Highlight. I like coherency among the different elements where I can enhance it. A different goal could be to make individual elements stand out from each other, which looks like the direction you're going with this. It's fun, like having more toys to play with.

(Racing Green is my attempt to take coherency as far as practical without looking boring. Months after first issuing it I'm still finding things I want to turn green. With EVA 01 the challenge is to spread the theme colors around in a way that makes visual and functional sense. Racing Green is built for speed and function, EVA 01 is more for eye candy and to create excitement)

So I would choose the theme's own contrast color(s), which in yours, seems like Tungsten orange is the highlight color. Tungsten also uses a lighter yellow for its loop markers, so if you want to emphasize that more as a highlight color, it could be fair game. Something bright to show off those knobs.

Also, I really like a color for Alternate Text #2 other than plain white. Maybe the orange or yellow? Same for the Browser text.

Do you have a name for it? Something-Console or Channel would be my suggestion, to give a hint that so much work has gone into the look of the ProChannel modules.

Edited by Starship Krupa

• 2 months later...