Acid Pro 8 99.00 Update in May To 9 FREE

Starise

They shipped an update to 8 recently now has a choice between dark and light mode.  If you have experience with 7 and earlier I think 8 isn't that bad.  But for someone new or looking for a first DAW, it hasn't aged so well.  But at least for me it was worth upgrading.  Still has the best loop arranger DAW experience.

JsZrcm.jpg

I was busy last evening and missed the offer. Good to see it's still up till the 24th.  I don't think 99.00 is a bad deal for that program.  I remember the last time they had a deal like this and the end was the end. I don't think they will keep bumping this along after the 24th. I am optimistic that they will keep developing the program. After aquisition they were likely feeling their way round the first year or two. I think we'll see an uptick in streamlining the UI and functions now.

12.5 gigs if you need/want all of the program. The program is only something like 500mb. Did I see the MF add wrong? Looks like a new user can buy it for the 99 there?? Version 7  no longer works for me. I might need to do a lot of pitch key changes. I realize it can be done well in Ableton.  Anyone using both that could comment. Cakewalk can shift existing loops. I know a few who were making loops in Cakewalk. Not sure difficult it was. I haven't traditionally been a loop kinda person. The key/pitch/loop construction part of it looks useful for some of my future work.

Edited by Starise

4 hours ago, Greg said:

I'm not sure if the $99 purchase price from musician's friend gets you the free upgrade. I did an online chat with MF and they said to ask Magix. I opened a ticket with Magix. 

The answer is the free upgrade is only available from Magix.    I think with 9 the upgrade will be $99 so why bother.

13 minutes ago, Greg said:

Sweetwater is a showing free upgrade so I thought it was worth a shot. I don't have a previous version (thought I think I had version 4 once upon a time. )

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/AcidPro8--magix-acid-pro-8

That is only for a new license.

Not available here. https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/AcidPro8Up--magix-acid-pro-8-upgrade-upgrade-from-previous-version

Once again only Magix will give you the 9 upgrade if you buy the 8 upgrade.