IK Stealth Limiter

cclarry

Can you use JamPoints with this at the IKM site?
Looks like you can use $14.99 worth of JamPoints on this dropping price to $35.

I bought in to the Arturia compressor deal, debating on whether or not I need yet another limiter...

Edited by TheSteven

Steven, my best stuff comp wise, is Waves, Melda, and IK. That's all I have to really compare. IOW, no Softube, UA, Slate. But I think IK knocked this one out the park! They have some really good gems in that Tracks line, and this is one of them. 

Give it a try. They have a demo. You can get the free Tracks Custom Shop and try stuff for 14 days I think.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Lee D said:

Is this worth the extra money compared to a freebie like Loudmax or Limiter No 6?

IMHO, the clean no non-sense UI and the bucket load of features make it worth it.  That said, I find I reach for Boz's The Wall more often because it is just so nice on the CPU and easy to set up.  People seem to love Limiter No. 6 but I have found the UI a little clunky and the CPU hit. BTW, Tokyo Dawn came out with a paid version of this that looks great.

Oh!  The Wall is on sale!  I HIGHLY recommend it!  Get that!

https://www.bozdigitallabs.com/product/the-wall/

• Thanks 1

It is really good and absolutely worth the money, but if you wait a few months (or maybe weeks) IK will sell you all 38 T-RackS modules for $199.   I had some jampoints, so I got T-RackS MAX last May for $150. 

T-RackS 6 will be out soon, so a patient person will be able to get around 43 modules for $199.  

Just saying. ☺️

Edited by Tiger The Frog

44 minutes ago, Tiger The Frog said:

It is really good and absolutely worth the money, but if you wait a few months (or maybe weeks) IK will sell you all 38 T-RackS modules for $199.   I had some jampoints, so I got T-RackS MAX last May for $150. 

T-RackS 6 will be out soon, so a patient person will be able to get around 43 modules for $199.  

Just saying. ☺️

Sounds like a better way to go

3 hours ago, Lee D said:

Sounds like a better way to go

That is absolutely the way to go! The vast majority of us here did the exact thing. Waited, then pounced!! There is not a dud in the bunch of the T-Racks plugins. Even the free ones are worth getting.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

T-RackS 6 is not coming very soon.  We've made no indication as such and there are definitely a line of products coming before that is even on the plate.

Thanks.  Good to know.   

Still, it is true that IK generously rewards patient customers, or at least customers who come along late in the game.  I didn't own any paid T-RackS modules until I bought T-RackS 5 MAX last year.  And that was a great deal. 

I absolutely love the series and recommend it to everybody.  

• Like 2

This is a great deal. I dunno....for me, ever since I picked up the McDSP ML4000 on a flash sale I haven't needed to look at any other limiter. Uses ilok, but you can now use ilok without a dongle "in the cloud". I am thinking I might  buy the ilok so I can avoid logging into the cloud to use it. You need to RTM to use that one. I salivated over the Stealth limiter before this. You could do much worse.

I also continue to use the Adaptive limiter offered by Cakewalk and occasionally the concrete limiter in the Pro channel. Maybe one day they will offer the Adaptive limiter again to everyone. It's a tough one to beat. Craig mentioned in a recent post that some of the plugins offered in the older Cakewalk package weren't taken as seriously because they were included in the deal, however development went into them and they were often a step or two above offerings in other DAWs. Adaptive limiter is a good example of that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tiger The Frog said:

By the way, people talk about Pro-R, Valhalla, etc, all the time.  They should really listen to the 3 T-RackS reverbs, because they are amazing. I use them all the time. They are very customizable and stack up very well against the competition.   More please!  

Thank you for your kind words in the previous post (and this one).  I think people think "they're not NEW so they're not as good" but as far as algorithmic reverbs go, if the algos are nailed nicely and the controls work well, then it is almost timeless.

• Like 2

Thanks TheSteven for that tip on the jam points. I know what I said but when you have GAS just one more limiter is all you need :)

FWIW  this limiter is head and shoulders above any of the free limiters unless they can do the same things under the hood. I haven't seen one that is anything like this. Limiters are not all created equal.This limiter does not use look ahead, it uses a sample calculation and has a cleaner sound than many of lesser variety. This is one reason I bought it even though I have a bunch of limiters including all of the waves stuff. 

Here's a few reviews on it . It was selling for 149.00 which is why I didn't initially buy it.

https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/ik-multimedia-stealth-limiter

https://soundsandgear.com/review-ik-multimedia-stealth-limiter/

Edited by Starise

On 4/16/2019 at 9:37 AM, Tiger The Frog said:

By the way, people talk about Pro-R, Valhalla, etc, all the time.  They should really listen to the 3 T-RackS reverbs, because they are amazing. I use them all the time. They are very customizable and stack up very well against the competition.   More please!  

I agree with this 100%. I have said this time and time again. I got T-Racks back in the day for the sole reason of upgrading my CSR suite to 64bit. Before that, it was only 32bit and they were not going to upgrade it. They put it in with the T-Racks collection, which I didn't like back then. But in hind-sight, was for the better.

Anyway, the only reverb I like better is Abbey Roads Plates. But the Plates in CSR is really good too.

• Like 1