UAD Half Yearly Sale

cclarry

33 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

Wow.. UAD is big mula. I been looking at the API 2500 bus compressor plugin. Waves is $30. UAD  is $150. Hmm??

UAD has a locked market, and it's DSP based, rather than CPU based, so there's a lot to consider, and they
require a UAD Card/Interface to operate.  To my ears, they definitely sound "better", and more "analog/alive"
than standard plugins.  And the biggest caveat with UAD Channel Strips and Preamps is the Unison Technology...
but they ARE expensive, and that's why I bailed on them...I'm poor, and a hobbyist, and was getting "Sucked into
the vortex" that I simply couldn't afford.

End of this year I can start drawing Social Security, which will "change things" and I may venture back to that
ABYSS...LOL

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, cclarry said:

UAD has a locked market, and it's DSP based, rather than CPU based, so there's a lot to consider, and they
require a UAD Card/Interface to operate.  To my ears, they definitely sound "better", and more "analog/alive"
than standard plugins.  And the biggest caveat with UAD Channel Strips and Preamps is the Unison Technology...
but they ARE expensive, and that's why I bailed on them...I'm poor, and a hobbyist, and was getting "Sucked into
the vortex" that I simply couldn't afford.

End of this year I can start drawing Social Security, which will "change things" and I may venture back to that
ABYSS...LOL

I do think for exmple that the SSL channels stripis simply the best on the market but 60 % of one dsp  !!! it's udge but good news is that it forces me to freeze / bounce ....old school way .... making decisions not an option ;)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tony Carpenter said:

This the evil  sale.  And there are some new things that  4 things for 299 is very VERY tempting lol. But, I shall resist.

Unless we get something different around EU, careful, it is 399!

With the $25 voucher and the sale price at $49 I was able to get the new API preamp for $25, which is ridiculous. I wanted either this one or the Neve preamp for Unison tracking and to drop  it on the inputs coming from ADAT and other sources into Console when I'm tracking bigger sessions. Sounds great and just what I needed, a pre without EQ or compression. Very low SHARC usage, which is nice. I think if you have the now "old" Vision strip the upgrade for the API preamp is $49. Best UAD deal I've ever got! 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Tommy Byrnes said:

With the $25 voucher and the sale price at $49 I was able to get the new API preamp for $25, which is ridiculous. I wanted either this one or the Neve preamp for Unison tracking and to drop  it on the inputs coming from ADAT and other sources into Console when I'm tracking bigger sessions. Sounds great and just what I needed, a pre without EQ or compression. Very low SHARC usage, which is nice. I think if you have the now "old" Vision strip the upgrade for the API preamp is $49. Best UAD deal I've ever got! 

Getting this one or the harrisson 32 c ...

On 5/28/2021 at 7:56 AM, Zo said:

good news is that it forces me to freeze / bounce ....old school way .... making decisions not an option ;)

Yes!! I found this true. I may do a vocal with two or three different consoles, but I do print everyone of them now. Same with guitar and bass. Much easier. 

I have even tried going back and doing somethings over only to realize the first time was best, even with what I perceive as "flaws!"

Edited by Grem
  • Great Idea 1

21 hours ago, Tommy Byrnes said:

if you have the now "old" Vision strip the upgrade for the API preamp is $49

Hope so. I will get it if true.

That Vision strip really surprised me. It is much better than I thought it would be. It has become one if my go to's.

3 hours ago, Grem said:

I was able to get the API preamp for $25!! Shweet!

congrats , i'm comparing it to the neve one and it's indeed diffrent falvors ....maybe will do a A/B video on those 

• Like 2