Sign in to follow this  
jono grant

Cakewalk/UAD plugin issue

Posted (edited)

Hey there, when I update my UAD software to latest version, the "Neve 33609" compressor has been updated... all good except they changed the name to 33609c and Cakewalk doesn't open the plugin in any older session that have the original 33609 plugin. I think simply because of the name. (Which can't be renamed, doesn't work)

Anyhow, I've gone to UAD tech support and of course no one has that problem... is it a Cakewalk issue?

Anyone have a solution or work-around? I keep having to roll back my UAD version which is not what I want to do.

Please help!

Thanks

Jono

@msmcleod

Edited by jono grant

you could change the name in the plugin manager (it will reset on the next scan though), so i'd suggest you reach out to UAD and have them reset the name on the product since it doesn't seem to add value to users of the plugin...

UA does seem to create these kinds of problems from time to time by renaming their plugins. Not sure what to do about it - presumably it will load presets saved by the old version if you need to rescue a project, but that's not a solution really. You could try looking for info at the UAD forum here: https://uadforum.com/general-discussion/