Console View -> Strips -> Instrument

Hello!

There are Audio, MIDI and Instrument tracks in the Track View. In the Console View when i open up the Strips dialog and tick only Audio, shows only Audio strips, choosing only MIDI shows only MIDI strips but if i tick only Instrument nothing shows up. When i choose Instrument and MIDI, then it shows both the Instrument and MIDI strips but I don't want to see the MIDI Strips in Console View.  Is this normal?

(I know as a workaround I can deselect the unwanted MIDI strips (or any) in the Track Manager but it's not exactly the same)

Console view Strips.jpg

Edited by Ferenc Hegedus

6 hours ago, User 905133 said:

Suppose you split the instrument track into midi and audio (and just choose to show audio strips in the Console)?  Would that work around meet your needs? 

Thanks for the advice, that works i just don't want to split them, I want to keep it simple in the Track View as much as possible (no separate MIDI track when possible)

5 hours ago, Colin Nicholls said:

Huh. Easy to reproduce. That's got to be a bug. There's no way that makes sense. Submit it as a bug!

Thanks, I'll submit as a bug.

I just checked on the latest Sonar Platinum, it behaves the same way.

I tried the following:  I made a new empty project, add 1 Instrument track. I split the Instrument track to MIDI and Audio. In Console View > Strips I tick only Audio and the Audio track shows up as it should but if i tick only MIDI the MIDI won't show up unless i tick Instrument as well.

Bristol, It's a limitation, that doesn't make any sense to me, but i can live with it :)

Scook, thanks I didn't know that. Maybe it's  not a bug, it's a feature :D

Until recently i always opened  instruments with split tracks, so i never noticed this "problem". I ticked only Audio in console view and i was good. Now i use the Instrument tracks (to make less busy the track view) and i didn't understand what's happening.

Actually it's not a big deal, i was just scratching my head, why is this happening.