Acustica Audio BASSTard

I downloaded the freebie from Acustica, BASSTard.  I started noticing a strange behavior with the VST3 version of the plugin in Cakewalk by BandLab.  I insert the plugin on a track, apply the settings that I want.  Hit the play button (or space bar) and it sounds great, awesome.  Time to stop the track, so I hit the stop button (or space bar, doesn't matter) and the "Boost" knob resets back to the default position.  In the process of trouble shooting, I installed the VST2 version and the problem doesn't exist with this version.  I then uninstall the VST3 version and reinstall it.  No good, same result as before.  So I see if the problem happens in a different DAW.  I try Reaper, and both the VST3 & 2 versions work great.  So I go to Sonar Platinum by Cakewalk and I get the same problem as I do in Cakewalk by BandLab. 

I'm curious as to what it is about Cakewalk/Sonar that causes the Play/Stop functions to communicate to the VST3 version of the plugin to reset the "Boost" knob back to the default position.  I've been communicating with Acustica about this issue and all I've received for a solution is to uninstall and reinstall.  Which I have and nothing changes.  I'm not sure how much of an effort they're going to put into a free plugin.  Any thoughts?  Noel, any thoughts?

Edited by LittleStudios
Had to fix some grammar.

• 3 weeks later...

It's not so much about being a free plugin there's just many niggles when using Acustica plugins.

I've had similar issues since they introduced their VST3 versions (likely due to JUCE framework) & only install VST2. For me there's no real gain since I don't believe SC is supported yet (need to use something like Metaplugin) plus they don't have the ability to suspend operation or save cpu when the plugins are bypassed. It has to do with their tech.

Re-installing the plugin is a typical answer from their support which can solve various issues like missing SR's or other weird behaviors.

There's also a major confirmed authorization bug when using their Acqua libraries for N4 (SoundDrops, DiBiQuadro, London Acoustics) in Sonar/ CbB.

Edited by Hidden Symmetry