Tracktion Memorial Day Sale!

cclarry

8 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

They give you some nice creative tools for the price IMHO.

Indeed. Melodyne essential is 99€ in the melodyne website and you get it for free with Waveform which costs even less than that (97,59€ at the moment).

12 minutes ago, abacab said:

And this is pretty cool! Retrospective recording uses a buffer that captures your input, even when you are not actually recording...

Ohhhhh, indeed. Totally forgot about this. This feature is amazing for playing around. Thanks for the reminder. :D

Edited by Jeslan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, abacab said:

My Tower of DAW (in no particular order):

Okay mine is:

Cakewalk by Bandlab
Studio One 4
Acoustica Mixcraft Studio 9
Older copy of Samplitude, Waveform, Cubase Elements etc......... it never ends :D

• Haha 1

Bottom line is that Waveform has added a few features that have been on the Cakewalk wishlist forever.

Most negative comments I've seen relate to a dislike of the Tracktion UI. Admittedly, it can appear strange and intimidating at first glance.

It is different, but it really is very simple and intuitive once you spend some time with it. Under the hood lurks a powerful DAW with tons of customization available. And it's not nearly as ugly as Reaper! 😁

Edited by abacab

Yep Still like my CbB for mixing and even the STAFF view too.  I harp on the STAFF view because with a little love... nevermind :D

Yet Waveform has the sampler, chord track, etc......

Have to agree with that it does take a little getting use to the UI but it doesn't take long.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, abacab said:

My Tower of DAW (in no particular order):

Cakewalk

Studio One 5 Pro

Ableton Live 11 Suite

Tracktion Waveform 11.5 Pro

Mine is too busy buying unnecessary stuff to create something.

Tracktion for me is like Cubase.....I don't really care for them.  There is no legit reason.  Tracktion can be a money pit with the more frequent paid upgrades and wanting you to buy their addons. 

28 minutes ago, Paul Young said:

Tracktion can be a money pit with the more frequent paid upgrades and wanting you to buy their addons. 

I'll probably hang with my current version of Waveform for a while. It does everything I need it to. I like what the Tracktion dev team is doing, as they are a very small team with some nice chops and a unique and refreshing approach to DAW design for musicians.

But my biggest gripe with the company is that they are YEARS behind in editing and updating the Waveform User Guide. The latest version 2021-v2 that I looked at was still stuck at "work in progress".

While the getting started info and the UI changes seem to have been updated, many of the screen shots in the chapters look like they are from the old Tracktion 7. And most of the new features from Waveform 8 on are not covered at all. Chapter 38 is still titled "New in Waveform 8". Then it has a summary list of the new features, followed by the disclaimer "The above new features will each be explained further, in greater detail, in an upcoming revision of this beta user’s manual."

Waveform 8, 9, & 10, have come and gone, and we are now on v11.5 and still no new feature updates are covered in the User Guide. SMH. 🙄

In all fairness, when I complained to support, they directed me to the video tutorials that cover the new features. And they said they had engaged their former author to get the manual revised. But that has been a while. Still hoping...

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1