CWbB - CD Burner Utility - No Song Titles

musikman1

While my PC is out for upgrade I'm using my old laptop, which has a current version of CWbB installed.  I wanted to burn a quick CD for a friend with just two songs on it.  Both song files are wav files, and have titles.  For lack of any CD burning software on my laptop I decided to try Cakewalk's CD Burner utility. 

I was able to drag and drop the two tracks into the track list, and I was able to burn the CD, but I noticed the song titles were not transferred to the CD. They just show up as "Track01" and "Track02" on any player I use to play the CD.  Anyone know how to fix this? I couldn't find anything documented about it, or any settings in the utility UI for this.  Thanks!

You're probably correct.   In my test of the burner, I didn't burn a track straight out of a project, I loaded a couple of songs into the burner from windows explorer that had already been exported as wav files weeks ago. I just thought it strange that they were files with titles, and the CW burner kinda ignored the titles or just renamed them as Track01, and Track02.  No text at all was transferred. You would think if they bothered to include a CD burner utility within a DAW that it would at least be technical enough to do that.  It must be a really stripped down version of a burner.  Maybe they'll improve on it a little in the future. Thanks for the reply, much appreciated.

Yeah a regular burner software is the way I usually go too, I have an older version of Nero on my PC, but seeing as how it is in the shop and I didn't really have anything on my laptop, I decided to give the CW burner utility a try. I wonder if there's a place here where I can inform CW of the issue I had, maybe it wouldn't take much for them to include a couple of minor improvements to the burner utility in one of their next couple of updates?

Yeah, the Cakewalk burner really was just made for quick tests. If I remember right, it burns down to Track at Once rather than Disc at Once so you don't have a lot of control over gaps, etc so I wouldn't be surprised if other features are missing.

I've sent in my laundry list of features I'd like to see, and one is proper DDP authoring, and extending on that, using the DDP as the burn image, rather than using this TaO method. It'd certainly save me a few steps for doing glass masters!

In the meantime, give www.anyburn.com a try - it's free.

Edited by Lord Tim
  • Like 1

Thanks Lord Tim, I'll check out that burner software.

On 5/28/2021 at 11:33 PM, Lord Tim said:

I've sent in my laundry list of features I'd like to see,

Could you please tell me where I can send in my requests for features I'd like to see? I'd like to send in this one about the burner, just don't know where to send it.

Thanks!