VST delay similar to UVI Relayer?

sadicus

I have a friend using UVI Relayer in Studio ONE & it didn't take me long to fall in love with it's extremely well thought out GUI, I found it's very easy to dig in deep and tweak it to do exactly what I wanted it to do.

However, comparing apples to oranges,  as pleasing and impressed I was with giving Relayer a spin, I personally prefer the Waves HReverb, but that mostly based on experience & familiarity.

And for a freebie, it would be really hard to beat the trusty old Cakewalk Sonitus Delay.

Edited by Steev
  • Like 1

There are many. Google "VST Multi-tap Delay". Most that explicitly call themselves "multi-tap" delays will have a similar user interface that let you pan, filter and effect each delay independently. I assume that's what you like about Relayer.

Plug & Mix has one, but I've not used it. Tekturon from D16 is similar. A popular one that's been around a long time (modeled after classic hardware version) is the 608 from PSP.  Ricochet by Audio Damage has a similar UI to Relayer.

Those recommendations are based on the assumption that what you like about Relayer is the per-tap controls. But if you use Relayer as a rhythm generator, the king of that hill is Timeless3 from FabFilter, but it's all about modulation rather than individual tap processing.

• Like 2

Download the demo for Timeless3 and run through some of its presets. Yeh, it's pricey and it's complicated, but version 3 is a big improvement over previous iterations in terms of ease of use. If you want to take a deep dive into what delays can do, no other plugin is as versatile as Timeless3.

OTOH, Ricochet is way less expensive, fairly intuitive and a true multi-tap delay with up to 16 steps. 

• Like 1