"Track Playback Meters"

Astraios

Hi and Hello,
I have problems getting "Track Playback Meters" shortcut to work.
Maybe you can check out if it is only here on my system...? Thx

Meter-Options.PNG.dc70d5d5b68aea5e8b1b05ef41cd2db0.PNG

I assigned it to Shift+F7, but other combinations didn't do the trick also.

Another question I have, why aren't  "Underlined Access Keys" in the Track Menu?
This could alternativly be a way to open the command with Alt+ key-combination, but I
haven't found a way to open the menus with Alt and a Key...

827331575_UnderlineALT.PNG.db55b761cc20c0539cd07af5da25c49e.PNG

Hi John

No, I have disabled them, because I don't really need them all the time. If I don't need them
right know they just give a useless information and take space in my track-view.
So that is the reason I would like to bring them into the game with one shortcut action.

1006941622_TrackView.PNG.201b65847b5102da6ec830005f0feeb6.PNG

1 hour ago, Astraios said:

Hi John

No, I have disabled them, because I don't really need them all the time. If I don't need them
right know they just give a useless information and take space in my track-view.
So that is the reason I would like to bring them into the game with one shortcut action.

1006941622_TrackView.PNG.201b65847b5102da6ec830005f0feeb6.PNG

Just curious - does the short cut automatically expand the track view header to visualize them ? If your tracks view is collapsed - you don't see them anyways.

• Great Idea 1

You're talking ab out something else. Yes you need to expand the Inspector pane. I use a duel monitor setup and have the Console view on the second monitor.   

You can show the meters by increasing the width of the track pane. You can also setup a screen set that will show or not the meters by switching one to the other. It is very quick to do this. There are also workspaces. I would look these up in the manual. 

I forgot mention that you can have them horizontal or vertical. 

Capture.JPG.0a744616183b079857ca8cc7f819e603.JPG

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Astraios said:

Another question I have, why aren't  "Underlined Access Keys" in the Track Menu?
This could alternativly be a way to open the command with Alt+ key-combination, but I

To me it seems Cakewalk left the "Underlined Access Keys" style with their new UI concept...?

2119309533_NewUI.PNG.dcfcfe8276b8a01f5eaa7b0de80ac611.PNG

15 hours ago, Astraios said:

Hi and Hello,
I have problems getting "Track Playback Meters" shortcut to work.
Maybe you can check out if it is only here on my system...? Thx

Meter-Options.PNG.dc70d5d5b68aea5e8b1b05ef41cd2db0.PNG

I assigned it to Shift+F7, but other combinations didn't do the trick also.

I hadn't thought about this before but decided to give it a try. With the Options dropdown open as shown in your screenshot below, I pressed "t" which opened the Meter Options submenu. I then pressed "p" to toggle playback meters off then on. So it appears that the underline keys can be used to navigate the Options menu. I'm going to try it on other menues. What I don't see is a keyboard shortcut to open the options menu and it doesn't look like you can create one but you can create keyboard shortcuts for each of the items in the Options menu. I'd suggest adding a Track View keyboard shortcut for each on the dropdown menus would be handy since the keyboard shortcuts to navigate those menus exist.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

51 minutes ago, Bill Phillips said:

I hadn't thought about this before but decided to give it a try. With the Options dropdown open as shown in your screenshot below, I pressed "t" which opened the Meter Options submenu. I then pressed "p" to toggle playback meters off then on. So it appears that the underline keys can be used to navigate the Options menu. I'm going to try it on other menues. What I don't see is a keyboard shortcut to open the options menu and it doesn't look like you can create one but you can create keyboard shortcuts for each of the items in the Options menu. I'd suggest adding a Track View keyboard shortcut for each on the dropdown menus would be handy since the keyboard shortcuts to navigate those menus exist.

Well, my expectation was: Alt+O+T+P - unfortunately it didn't happen, because "O" won't open "option" menu.

The shortcut dedicated for "Track Playback Meter" (in Shortcut-Editor --> Track View) seems not to work, anyway.

Hm, the thing that puzzles me is, there is underlined stuff all over, but not in the track menu (View, Option, Track, Clips, MiDI ...)

Edited by Astraios

19 minutes ago, John said:

That shortcut is for accessing the meter options not for activating them.  As I said you need to learn about screen sets and workspaces.

One set of options I tried yesterday was Workspaces.**  If you know how to save one Workspace with the playback meters showing and an identical Workspace with the playback meters hidden, please share the details on how to do it.****  (Please note: I am not asking for a "Read the Manual" style reply.) I have designed a number of personal/custom Workspaces but couldn't make the show/hide meters happen via Workspaces.  I can do quite a number of other things with Workspaces, though. 

In fact, I vaguely remember that at one point I could use Workspaces to have different meter settings but later on, they didn't happen as they had previously.  When I have a chance, I will try to revisit those Workspaces.  There may even be some posts and discussions about this. 

8 hours ago, User 905133 said:

I tried binding Shift+F7 to the playback meter display option (toggle on/off). It didn't work on my PC either. **I tried a few other things; none of them worked.  [emphasis added]

****Not sure if you tried yourself or just replied as above.

Edited by User 905133
to add a quote from a prior post by way of clarification
  • Great Idea 1

4 hours ago, User 905133 said:

One set of options I tried yesterday was Workspaces.**  If you know how to save one Workspace with the playback meters showing and an identical Workspace with the playback meters hidden, please share the details on how to do it.****  (Please note: I am not asking for a "Read the Manual" style reply.) I have designed a number of personal/custom Workspaces but couldn't make the show/hide meters happen via Workspaces.  I can do quite a number of other things with Workspaces, though. 

In fact, I vaguely remember that at one point I could use Workspaces to have different meter settings but later on, they didn't happen as they had previously.  When I have a chance, I will try to revisit those Workspaces.  There may even be some posts and discussions about this. 

****Not sure if you tried yourself or just replied as above.

Hi,

thx taking concern of my question. To change between a screenset or a workspace will take to much time and irritates me a lot to find out where I am right now.. I'm a friend of "Floating Windows" inside Cakewalk and shortcuts philosoph. I was aware about T and P is working, but what is this good for, if there isn't a way to open "Options" in the menu? I want an easy way to hide or bring back the meters in my workflow. Shortcut does exist, but don't seem to work...  With "Touch Portal" or "Key Manager" it is possible to make a key-sequence (like Alt+T+P) to a one single finger action.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Astraios said:

´Workspaces are okay - but Screensets I will never use - because...  I'm on Floating Windows 🤡

You think you are the only one that uses floating windows with Cakewalk? Not only do I use them but I use them on duel monitors. Screen sets work. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, John said:

You think you are the only one that uses floating windows with Cakewalk? Not only do I use them but I use them on duel monitors. Screen sets work. 

Dual Monitors? Then you might be a friend of "ActualTools" software?

I've been using dual monitors since 2007 and have been using screensets ever since they were  introduced

I've just tried hiding the meters in one screenset and switching back to the set WITH meters

Works flawlessly

I've got screensets 1 & c configured in this way

Hit '1' - shows meters

Hit '2' - hides meters

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, Bristol_Jonesey said:

I've just tried hiding the meters in one screenset and switching back to the set WITH meters

Works flawlessly

Cool!  I can't remember when I last use screensets (before tonight, that is).  I have tended to set preferences up globally via Workspaces and even took screetsets out of a  number of my personal Workspaces.  But you are are right!  They seem to provide a workaround for this issue. 

Also, I had totally forgotten, but evidently in my blank project template, I have some screensets with horizontal track view meters and some with vertical track view meters.  So, thanks for the tip to check for non-global solutions and for the reminder about some of the benefits of screensets.

BTW, I can see that with constantly changing floating windows when working on a project, someone might have to be constantly saving two screensets (with and without meters) since they evidently cannot be switched with either a keyboard shortcut  or even a button in the Custom Module in the Control Bar (so far as I can tell). 

Edited by User 905133
to fix a typo

7 hours ago, Astraios said:

´Workspaces are okay - but Screensets I will never use - because...  I'm on Floating Windows 🤡

Even if you don't "use" (i.e. change between) Screensets, one Screenset is always active.

So remembering the positions of all floating windows you've set up is the result of a proper working Screenset.

• Like 1