Presonus Upgrade Your Summer Sale

cclarry

+1 keep pushing Sphere too, you would think they are rolling in cash. Not a lot of heavy-handed features from many these days, seems to be more filling out niches.

That cheap upgrade for any SOP version a few months back was a good (but rare) one.

• Like 1

Only so much money to go around and I figured I can be behind the curve on some software.  Don't need the latest and greatest there is.

Finale V27 is coming out and from the couple of blogs on it already I don't see anything that makes me go, take my money.  I use Finale time to time and glad I have it but heck I only upgraded last time  because I wanted the X64 version. 

• Like 1

I got rid of sphere and upgraded to 5. I was on 3 so it was a good time to upgrade. Tons of new features. But until GUI changes happen I doubt I'll upgrade again. It now does everything that Sonar did that I missed when I switched to S1. So unless they come out with something that blows my socks off like 0 RTL for my Realtek embedded audio I can't begin to imagine anything else I would need.

The GUI is just awful in S1. They need to unlock and uncripple the color options to start.

DOH! I need to stop reading these on my phone. The OP is the upgrade (from Best Service) for any previous SO version! Good grief... for those that bought and stayed on SO3 way back when, this is a good upgrade (especially if you want the ARA2 features).

I still haven't figured out this point, but I upgraded to SO4 (chord track) before I upgraded Melodyne above Editor 3 (to ARA2), and the chord track was functional in SO4. It seemed like that functionality was embedded into SO (4+), sans Melodyne, but I am not sure if that is an accurate statement?

• Like 1

does it work? I've only got version 3 which I toy with every now and then. It's stable but emits this crackling sound for a few seconds every 30 minutes or so. I've tried everything to get rid of it but the problem remains completely unchanged regardless of what I do. Other DAW's on the same system have no problem.

On 5/28/2021 at 8:43 AM, Tezza said:

does it work? I've only got version 3 which I toy with every now and then. It's stable but emits this crackling sound for a few seconds every 30 minutes or so. I've tried everything to get rid of it but the problem remains completely unchanged regardless of what I do. Other DAW's on the same system have no problem.

The best answer for that is to check the trial out to confirm yourself. I "thought" the new latency setup came out with 3.5 (not sure if you loaded that version?). Not a lot on the latency side changed since then (internally), but (white) noise happening at regular intervals is often from demo plugins... is it possible that is what it was? Latency issues tend to either be there, or not be there, they do not toggle on or off except with an offending plugin toggling on/off too.

On 5/31/2021 at 11:09 AM, mettelus said:

The best answer for that is to check the trial out to confirm yourself. I "thought" the new latency setup came out with 3.5 (not sure if you loaded that version?). Not a lot on the latency side changed since then (internally), but (white) noise happening at regular intervals is often from demo plugins... is it possible that is what it was? Latency issues tend to either be there, or not be there, they do not toggle on or off except with an offending plugin toggling on/off too.

Thanks, I'm using the latest 3.5. it's like a crackling, someone fiddling with the electricity that goes for about 5 seconds or so and occurs once or twice at random every 20 - 30 minutes. No other DAW on the system does it. It's not latency or CPU performance related, it makes no difference how many tracks there are either one or many,  it's not plugin demo white noise. I might put in a tech request to Presonus. I'm not really interested in upgrading at this point, I've come to the conclusion that any DAW is suitable for my use, providing it has some vocal pith correction which most don't come with, not interested in Melodyne but with Waves Tune, I can use any DAW.