Waves Central updated to 12.0.20

cclarry

2 minutes ago, Starise said:

I updated my plugs to 12.7 no extra charge. My WUP is due in June though and it's over the cap.

Can we still shop around for a better WUP deal?

Yes.....EveryPlugin is the best place to buy...

Waves just finished a 25% off WUP sale...it's over now

Just now, cclarry said:

Yes.....EveryPlugin is the best place to buy...

Waves just finished a 25% off WUP sale...it's over now

Thanks CC. I'll look for the next one. I might need to "negotiate" with those guys. 340.00 for Horizon and a handful of other plugins seems very steep to me. I mean I can keep usin em' for now but MAN........that's 100 bucks over the so called 240.00 "cap". 

Are they TRYING to loose me?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Starise said:

I updated my plugs to 12.7 no extra charge. My WUP is due in June though and it's over the cap.

Can we still shop around for a better WUP deal?

So your plugins are up-to-date in terms of features.

Therefore you are planning on giving them more money just for the fun of it, or becuase they are so bug infested you need to pay for the support and keep that current?  

Just asking

13 minutes ago, Starise said:

Thanks CC. I'll look for the next one. I might need to "negotiate" with those guys. 340.00 for Horizon and a handful of other plugins seems very steep to me. I mean I can keep usin em' for now but MAN........that's 100 bucks over the so called 240.00 "cap". 

Are they TRYING to loose me?

The only reason that it should go "over the cap" is if you are trying to WUP multiples of the same plugin:

1 year of Waves Update Plan coverage is capped at $240 for all non-identical products.

Your Waves Update Plan exceeds the $240 cap due to either selecting multiple identical licenses, or the coverage you’re about to purchase is for more than 1 year

Edited by cclarry

5 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

So your plugins are up-to-date in terms of features.

Therefore you are planning on giving them more money just for the fun of it, or becuase they are so bug infested you need to pay for the support and keep that current?  

Just asking

Good point. If I have the improvements I might just sit on this for awhile. I don't enjoy handing money out for no good reason.

5 minutes ago, cclarry said:

The only reason that it should go "over the cap" is if you are trying to WUP multiples of the same plugin:

1 year of Waves Update Plan coverage is capped at $240 for all non-identical products.

Your Waves Update Plan exceeds the $240 cap due to either selecting multiple identical licenses, or the coverage you’re about to purchase is for more than

The only thing I can think of there is maybe one or two plugins crossed over with something else I bought. Heck I'll just delete the multiples. If I have duplicates it can't be more than a few.

• Like 1

Until they either add new products to a bundled product you own or release version 13 there isn't any reason to WUP.  You can get updates without WUP, just not new plugins and whole version changes.  So if they fix bugs you still get those fixes, until the next major version.

If they added new plugins or release a new major version be sure to check if there is an upgrade deal.  For example Gold to Gold+Renaissance Maxx is cheaper than WUP and includes a year of WUP.  Same with jumps from other metal levels too.  Even Mercury has a single upgrade to Mercury+Studio Classics. 

Never plain WUP without a reason and in that case wait for a WUP sale.  Some reasons include:

You want to sell a Waves plugin (has to be covered by WUP to re-sell it)
They added something you really want to a bundle and the WUP cost is less than the plugins on sale (rare, but can happen)
They release a whole new major version that you must have

The major version WUP thing is kind of tricky.  I don't like mixing versions anymore but you can.  So I just avoid buying anything from the new version release, that way I don't have the problem until I'm ready to bring everything to the new major version.  But for example the resizable GUI was enough of a reason for me to say it was time to WUP.  And Mac users may have no choice because of OS issues (Windows usually doesn't have this problem). 

Unless you are at Mercury+Studio Classics though an upgrade during a sale will almost always get you the new version and new plugins at a price at or less than WUP.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

So if they fix bugs you still get those fixes, until the next major version

Have you ever wondered how many bugs could be in a program that's only 30mb? I'm guessing at that but I know they are very small programs.

47 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

But for example the resizable GUI was enough of a reason for me to say it was time to WUP. 

This was something I liked as well. Is it 340 dollars interesting? For me at least, No. Why does brand ***** have free updates?

49 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

Unless you are at Mercury+Studio Classics though an upgrade during a sale will almost always get you the new version and new plugins at a price at or less than WUP.

I agree. I did this a few times and managed to pick up some decent plugins and a new WUP. They are one step ahead here. Introduce an initially high upgrade/update price, then  make it seem like you are getting this really great deal around the holidays or when they offer it. They might snag a few who pay full retail price for WUP.

It is what it is and I guess I'll either live with it or jump ship.