IK Mixbox - $49.99 Cross Grade Price

jesse g

IK Mixbox has the price tag of $99.99, but when  I added it to my cart to see if there was a discount.  There is a Cross Grade price of $49.99 in the cart once I selected check out.  No Jam Points can be added to this offer.  I don't know what I have that is giving me the Cross Grade price, but it's working for me.

ikc-L-MixBox_cover_full_opt.jpg

Edited by jesse g
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

The crossgrade price is $99 (regular price is $199), but it looks like there is a promo code MIXB50 that is automatically added that reduces the price by $50.  Since Mixbox is a combination of effects from T-RackS, AmpliTude, and SampleTank, I suspect owning any one of those products would qualify you for a crossgrade. It looks like a good deal at $49, but I own a lot of T-RackS, and AmpliTude stuff, so I am not sure what this would add. Maybe the convenience of have this all in one rack?

This deal came up on another IK thread.  They got me with it.   Been there, done that.  😉

...but it definitely deserves to have it's own thread!  70 IK processors for $50 bucks??  GREAT DEAL!

Edited by mibby
  • Like 3

Strictly voluntary link put here with the intention of providing a link to the above referenced "the deal came up on another . . . thread."   Just to be clear, I would hope this is understood by all as well-intentioned and a positive contribution to this thread since Peter - IK Multimedia elaborated on the method of obtaining the $50 discount and listed some other insights regarding the deal. And just to be clear, I don't think any of the prior contributors to this thread is stupid or anything negative. 

Edited by User 905133
to fix a typo
  • Like 1

I also have T-RackS 5 MAX, and Amplitube 4 MAX, but I don't necessarily view this MixBox as a huge overlap or duplication.

This thing is great if you use a lot of virtual instruments! Just slap it on an insert, and your synth has a brand new FX section with 70 FX processors! 😁

This rack was patterned after the FX rack originally designed for Syntronik and SampleTank 4. Comes with many FX chain presets, and you can add your own, and recall them in any DAW, any synth, or any project.

Grab this deal while you can!

Edited by abacab

I'm pretty excited about this one. It's also got some AmpliTube stuff in there, so hopefully after some twiddling I can come up with a few FX chains for Bass/Guitar. 

I also just saw this on the website:

MixBox also offers individual gain and dry/wet controls for each processor...

Pretty cool!

14 minutes ago, mibby said:

I'm pretty excited about this one. It's also got some AmpliTube stuff in there, so hopefully after some twiddling I can come up with a few FX chains for Bass/Guitar. 

I also just saw this on the website:

Pretty cool!

Yes, this is a well thought out tool! It's quick to use, and the controls are simplified. 👍

If there is something that needs adjustment that this doesn't seem to cover, you can always whup out a T-RackS module for that.

I grabbed this because I qualified for the $49 crossgrade price, and it's actually pretty cool. I don't traditionally use a ton of plug-ins on my projects, but I can see MixBox being pretty useful, and I think it does have some effects not found in T-Racks(?). 

For hybrid-orchestral projects, where I'm mixing synths and traditional orchestral stuff (and where I often try for a rather ethereal kind of sound), I think MixBox will be extremely handy. 

Edited by Amicus717

I don't qualify, phew

Eligibility is based on: "Customers that have purchased at least 5 T-RackS processors, T-RackS 5, T-RackS 5 SE, T-RackS 5 Deluxe, T-RackS 5 MAX, Total Studio 2 MAX, iLoud Micro Monitor, iLoud MTM, & Lurssen Mastering Console will get an additional $/€ 50 automatic coupon applied at checkout"

• Haha 1

I probably already own this.  Or not.  Or I have gear credits.  But I don't know if you can use them for this.  Or Jam points.  Or bitcoin.  Or Dogecoin.  Or Chuck E Cheese tokens.  Which I don't know if I can use for this.  Which I might not want or need anyway.  And the installer might make ProTools crash on launch again.  Maybe, probably but definitely perhaps.  

To clear this all up, see this video tutorial:  

Edited by e-cue

1 hour ago, Vernon Barnes said:

I qualified and bought it in a moment of weakness, but it does look like it could get quite a bit of use here.

I did qualify. But it was not a moment of weakness. I thought about it for quite a while before I pulled the trigger. Reading and the users here tell their stories of how they use it convinced me I would get some use out of it.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, mibby said:

70 IK processors for $50 bucks??  GREAT DEAL!

Didn't qualify for the $50, but did use jampoints and got it under $70....oh and had to throw in Comprexxor while I was there. :P 

• Great Idea 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Amicus717 said:

For hybrid-orchestral projects, where I'm mixing synths and traditional orchestral stuff (and where I often try for a rather ethereal kind of sound), I think MixBox will be extremely handy. 

For that you may wish to add Eventide's Blackhole and/or Shimmerverb. On sale elsewhere. Larry's got yer back, LOL!