Arranger keyboard with Cakewalk

Well..

I have a arranger keyboard yamaha
And I connected it with cakewalk and thi happend

When I insert the a midi track.. and press the echo button... the sound hears in the keyboard of selected instrument. 
And in the 2nd midi track... and I off the echo button of the previous 1st track... and turn on 2nd track's echo button and change the instrument in keyboard,  it changes both tracks instrument

Welcome to the forum ChrisSphere, in the future please clearly state the model of the device or software you're having problems with. There is a very good chance someone here will have it and know the exact answer and solution within minutes.

1st thing I would recommend doing open Cakewalk and hit "P" on your computer keyboard to open Cakewalk's "Preferences", click on "Instruments" in the MIDI section and select Yahama XG, be sure to click and drag on all 16 output channels to select and highlight them all and click on "Apply". For Yamaha XG drum Kits select the output channel you want (typically chan 10) click on "Apply" again before closing the dialog box. This creates a MIDI map(s) that can be easily accessed for I/O thru every MIDI track in Cakewalk's track/sequencer. This may be all you need to do to get the DAW and synth to communicate properly and to get things up & running to work well.

2sd thing I would recommend doing is going to Yamaha Support website and see if they have a download for an Editor/Librarian and a detailed  MIDI Map specific to the model of your synth that you can import into Cakewalk's list of Instruments, and that will help your workflow easily go from working "well" to working "great".

Yahama makes a whole slew of synths from ultra inexpensive to knee buckling expensive and as you would expect they are not all created equal and may not all send and receive "system exclusive data" with a DAW. But you should still be able to use your Yamaha's keyboard as a controller to play CbB's included synths like the TTS-1 and it utilizes Roland SoundCanvas synth engine, and Cakewalk's bundle of "Studio Instruments" are very nice as well.

Good luck and have FUN!

yamaha.jpg

Edited by Steev