Amazon brand guitar strings? Whats next, AMZ DAW?

Clovis Ramsay

14 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

Isn't it nice when folks feel close to you that they tell you all their medical..........

You should have just heard the conversation I heard from my urologists nurse. She thought she had me on hold but accidentally put me on speaker. Apparently, and I quote, "**cking annoyed" her because I called to refill a prescription that they changed and never updated with their pharmacy. But I'm the blanking annoyance.

I've been caulking crown moulding all day. I think I swallowed too much caulking while wetting my finger to smooth it out. Belly hurts. Been farting too.

@Shane_B.   My wife is a Nurse and the stories she comes home with about patients  is lets just say I never realized how stupid people can be.  She also gets yelled at from patients on the phone every day. Just yesterday she got screamed at for a prescription that wasn't filled.  Lady didn't care that she called the wrong doctors office.  My wife finally had to have one of the doctors tell her they can't send off that script because we don't see you for that type of medicine. The lady was so kind and nice when she finally got to speak to the doctor.  So I tend to give the  Staff some slack because I know what my wife deals with day in and day out.     Anyway when is Amazon coming out with my MIDI controller with Alexa built-in  :D

1 hour ago, InstrEd said:

@Shane_B.   My wife is a Nurse and the stories she comes home with about patients  is lets just say I never realized how stupid people can be.  She also gets yelled at from patients on the phone every day. Just yesterday she got screamed at for a prescription that wasn't filled.  Lady didn't care that she called the wrong doctors office.  My wife finally had to have one of the doctors tell her they can't send off that script because we don't see you for that type of medicine. The lady was so kind and nice when she finally got to speak to the doctor.  So I tend to give the  Staff some slack because I know what my wife deals with day in and day out.     Anyway when is Amazon coming out with my MIDI controller with Alexa built-in  :D

It can definitely be a rough job. I have friends and relatives who are in the field and have heard some stories. That said this was 100% on them and there was no need for the vulgarity. I simply asked what med he changed me to because I forgot. I didn't ask her to send in the wrong script to the wrong place. Sheesh.

Hmm ... I wonder if I can get my meds on Amazon? All this could have been avoided. 😁

On 5/28/2021 at 7:59 AM, Mandolin Picker said:

OK, I want to say up front that I have an Amazon account and routinely buy stuff through them. And as was said before, nearly everything I buy through them is because I can't buy it locally. Plus I am not a big fan of Jeff Bezos personally.

However... here is the thing I don't get about the Amazon hate. All Jeff Bezos did was take the Sears-Roebuck catalog and put it on a computer. I mean really, that's all he did. Before the computer it was called "Mail Order" - now its called "On Line Shopping". Its still the same. You find what you want based on a picture and a description, send in your order, and wait for the package to be delivered to your house. Through Sears you could order cars (http://searsmotorbuggy.com/Sears_history.php), a house (https://unbelievable-facts.com/2019/09/sears-homes.html), a barn (https://www.farmprogress.com/farm-life/mail-order-barns-popular-early-20th-century) and the live stock (https://blogs.ancestry.com/cm/the-11-most-memorable-items-from-the-sears-catalog/). You could order anything through the Sears store.

Their only real competition was Montgomery Wards, but they were never a match for Sears. The thing is due to their catalog sales Sears and Wards had the infrastructure in place to take advantage of this new thing called the Internet, but they mad a conscious decision not to spend the money. By the time the tried to get into the game, it was too late. If they would have had the insight to invest in on-line shopping in the early days, I would venture to say that not only would they still be in business, but we would have never heard of Jeff Bezos and Amazon would only be the name of a river.

In the end, Jeff really hasn't done anything that hadn't been done before. He just did it better than they did it before.

Exactly right.  Sears had it all teed up and ready to go.  Their infrastructure was already in place.  All they had to do was put their catalog online.

Possibly the worst business decision of all time.

• Sad 1

On 5/28/2021 at 1:23 PM, Shane_B. said:

Let me guess ... he was sitting there eyeing little girls with bad intent? Kinda feeling like a dead duck? His greasy fingers were smearing his shabby clothes?

😁

I thought it was probably just because he wore them all the time, lived outside and didn't have a washing machine. 

I'm not sure what that says about the way your mind works. ;)

27 minutes ago, SteveStrummerUK said:

Today my butt-burps have mostly been under control.

Straummy Towers, unfortunately, is still a bit whiffy.

Imagine the depth of poor mother Strummer's disappointment that the apple of her eye not only spends entire days sniffing his own farts, but then takes to the internet to describe them to strangers.😀

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, paulo said:

Imagine the depth of poor mother Strummer's disappointment that the apple of her eye not only spends entire days sniffing his own farts, but then takes to the internet to describe them to strangers.😀

Hey we are not strangers but extended family :D

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, InstrEd said:

we are not strangers but extended family

10 minutes ago, craigb said:

Maybe Paulo meant to say "Stranglers?

You think the guys here are all stranglers? I can't lie......I've had my doubts about some of the folks here, but they were never that dark.

Well, ok, maybe there's a couple that I could imagine being the subject of a documentary or two, but mostly I figured it was mainly just harmless peeps with nothing better to do.